GLENCORE EXPLORATION CAMEROON LTDRECRUITMENT NOTICE
Glencore Exploration Cameroon Ltd, has a vacancy for a skilled and highly motivated marine operations professional with proven supervisory and HSE experience to assist in the planning and supervision of marine operations in support of oil and gas exploration projects within Cameroon.
The candidate for this position will be based at the Glencore Logistics/Operations Base Office in Douala. Working hours will be 8:00-5:00pm, Monday-Friday.
Interested candidates should forward their curriculum vitae including full employment history to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org before the 17th October 2014. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.As a marine Coordinator working for Glencore, the general roles and responsibilities will be to:
- Assist with marine and HSE inspections of a wide range of vessels both onshore and offshore;
- Ensure marine contractor compliance with national and international maritime legislation;
- Monitor contractors and subcontractors for contractual compliance with regard to personnel, equipment and quality of operations;
- Conduct risk assessments with marine contractors as is required;
- Ensure and assist in regular weekly/monthly reporting to the management of Glencore;
- Provide marine technical expertise and advice to other departements;
- Actively promote the high marine standards demanded by Glencore;
- Directly supervise marine quayside operations as required;
- Plan and execute vessel movements as required working in close collaboration with other parties;
Requirements and/or necessary qualifications:
- Master Mariner/Chief Mate(1/2) certificate of competency or equivalent;
- Good service record as Senior Deck Officer on large offshore support vessels with a reputable shipping company;
- Previous experience in oil and gas marine related operations is preferred;
- Good working knowledge on international marine legislations and familiarity with ISM, ISPS and IMCA CMID;
- Strong leadership and communication skills;
- Good computer literacy skills(MS Office) is essential;
- Good organisational and planning skills;
- Ability to work effectively both unsupervised and as part of a wider team;
- Candidate should possess a high standard of spoken/written English and some French language skills.