Job Title: Marketing Manager, Spirits (Guinness Cameroon)
Reporting to: Marketing Director, Guinness Cameroon & WACA
Category: 11 (Level 4)
No of positions: 1
Guinness Cameroun S.A. (GCSA) is a subsidiary of Diageo PLC, with an outstanding track record of success since its creation.
The Cameroon alcohol beverage market is highly competitive - GCSA is currently the No 2 player in the country by value in beer market and N1 in Spirits market, behind SABC/Pernod Ricard and ahead of UCB, with a clear ambition to be No. 1 in value in Total Beverage Alcohol. Operating in a market that is highly competitive with a significant value to mainstream segments, current GCSA Spirits portfolio includes: J&B, Johnnie Walker, Baileys, Tanqueray, Dimple, Cardhu Singleton of Duff town, Black & White, VAT 69, White Horse.
- Identify growth opportunities and drive strategy and execution to deliver value to the business
- Lead the development of profitable growth strategies for spirits brands
- Support the Marketing Director in the development of a consumer and portfolio strategy for GCSA in line with business growth strategy.
- Ensure brilliant execution of superior marketing programs
Deliver the key projects and activities to achieve this growth
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Commercial graduate Qualification, Minimum Bac + 4.
- 5-7 years leadership and execution experience in a similar role, ideally within an FMCG environment
- Cross functional experience across commercial / marketing
- Comprehensive commercial and financial decision making experience including channel profitability and targeted trade investment
- Understanding of spirits and of competitors, distributors and key customers: their businesses and their shoppers/consumers in the Spirits universe
- Great relationship skills: proven ability to influence across functions
- Authentic communicator with experience of working with external stakeholders
- An expert coach and trainer of both functional and leadership capability development
As Marketing Manager, Spirits, you should be able to:
- Create strategies that win
- Drive enduring competitive advantage from customer and consumer insight
- Drive value commercially for Diageo and our customers
Guinness Cameroon, which is ISO 9001/2008 and ISO 22000/2005 certified, is committed to meritocracy and inclusiveness and will not unfairly discriminate in recruitment, training, career development and promotion on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, gender, marital status, disability, religion or belief and age
Interested candidates should apply mentioning the subject.
All applications to be made through the website: www.Diageo-Careers.Com. Candidates should please load in their CV and covering letters.
CLOSING DATE : 24.07.15
Human Resources Director