|External Job Description
(External & Internal)
Job Title: LRM Supply Chain Field Coordinator
Reporting to: Agro-Business Development Manager, Guinness Cameroon S. A. (GCSA)
Category: 8 (Diageo Level 6)
No of positions: 01
Guinness Cameroun SA today imports circa 80% of its raw and packaging material requirements such as barley, malted barley, crowns and labels for the manufacture of all its brands. In recent times however, Diageo has decided to encourage the usage of local raw materials (LRM) in the markets where it operates in an effort to improve the life style of the population. In this context, Guinness Cameroun will progressively use more locally sourced raw and packaging materials in the manufacture of some of its brands.
Reporting to the Agro-Business Development Manager, the LRM Supply Chain Coordinator will be responsible for:
- leading the implementation of grain quality control culture amongst the farmers and group of farmers, including Sorghum sourced from the North and Far North provinces of Cameroon
- Driving continuous improvement in the quality of grains packed into bags and ready for transportation to Douala as well as reducing costs and observing health and safety standards in the workplace
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- GCE Advance level in science with at least 05 years' experience in agriculture /cereals growing
- Bachelor Degree In Agronomy/Agricultural Engineering/Food Science with at least 03 years' experience in agriculture / cereals growing
- commercial acumen, with excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills, both verbal and written, with ability to readily engage and influence stakeholders
- Driving license Cat. B
As LRM Supply Chain Field Coordinator, you should be able to:
- Coordinate and schedule unprocessed grain quality control protocols upstream, including various farmers' stores and merchants who have supply agreements with GCSA.
- Coach and develop farmers and group of farmers to deliver all required cereals within specifications and timely
- Report and manage key performance indicators and ensure corrective actions are taken as necessary to meet set objectives.
Guinness Cameroon, which is ISO 9001/2008 and ISO 22000/2005 certified, is committed to meritocracy and inclusiveness and will not unfairly discriminate in recruitment, training, career development and promotion on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, gender, marital status, disability, religion or belief and age
- Structured problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Detailed understanding of quality procedures in cereals supply chains
- Understanding of sorghum growing, harvesting and cleaning
- Good understanding of procurement processes
- Ability to anticipate and plan effectively, monitoring and measuring progress in a timely fashion.
- Flexibility to travel to any city within Cameroon (50% out of Douala)
- Bilingual (French & English) and excellent general communication skills
Female applications are highly encouraged.
Interested candidates should apply mentioning the subject.
All applications to be made through the website: www.Diageo-Careers.Com .Candidates should please load in their CV and covering letters.
Human Resources Director