Job Title: Procurement Finance & Governance Analyst
Reporting to: Category Manager – Packaging and Raw materials
No of positions: 01
- To build Procurement credibility in an area where the function has not always been traditionally recognized as having significant expertise: financial analysis, benefit tracking, Decision support.
- To closely support the regional & local BPM, Risk and governance teams, Portfolio Managers, Category managers and HOP in driving the Procurement Function to our 2017 vision, acting as a key member of the team leading the team's robust application of key category management tools such as cost modeling, supply chain analysis and business needs analysis
- To support HOP and Category managers to develop and align final sourcing recommendations ensuring successful engagement outing with stakeholders
- To track profit growth through the robust management and tracking of costs + validated delivery of Procurement-initiative savings, including timely and accurate-preparation of functional benefits progress dashboard reporting for approval and sign-off with business Stakeholders & Finance both in Cameroon and Diageo London
- Support the Head of Procurement in controlling and reporting various aspects of the Function including overheads, T&E and leading the coordination and on-time delivery of the monthly BPM process
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University Degree in financial, quantitative or commercially biased-discipline, with proven relevant 7+ years post-qualification - including some quality finance functional experience within a forward thinking, fast paced and value-adding blue-chip FMCG environment
- Professional Procurement qualification desirable (CIPS/SPSM/MBA) and capable of rapidly developing full understanding of world-class Procurement systems and practices, including all Diageo category management processes and associated tools.
As Procurement Finance & Governance Analystyou should be able to:
- Working closely with HOP and team to co-ordinate delivery of ongoing COGS, BPM, Governance and other cost reduction agenda within the team
- To successfully execute deployment of best practice Risk Management, ensuring that compliance with all Diageo standards (including CARM, GAR, CSR and SFRM) is being effectively managed within GCSA Procurement
- To Provide key data and analysis to enable development of stretching category strategies to deliver our Procurement functional Value agenda of Assure, Protect and create
- To act as single Procurement-Function interface with the SAP data-management teams ensuring all 2- way operational request and interface are compliant with agreed protocols and procedures in order to fully meet our ongoing business requirements
- Prepare professional, consistent and accurate requisite Procurement data analysis & reporting on a regular basis (including supporting colleagues with commodity bid templates preparation and follow-up evaluation of prospective supplier's tenders against service, quality and cost parameters)
- Preparation, consolidation, analysis and reporting/presentation of all Functional business data, (i.e. providing regular marketplace and commodity analysis, benchmark data, and supplier evaluations) - including co-ordination of advance planning for future financial years commodity-forecasting, hedging and budgeting strategy.
- Deliver the Function's control and risk agenda, - including CCS, Contracts, CARM, IFRS, SFRM, Regional audits and Statements of Authority
- To assist the Category Managers and HOP to form, coach and develop GCSA Procurement into a high performing team, by enhancing local Procurement capability to fully meet and exceed all aspects of best-in-class Procurement Risk Management and Governance / Compliance Standards, Procurement data research (internal and external), analysis, financial acumen, reporting and presentation
- Co-ordination of CARM & GAR for GCSA Procurement, providing training and ensuring accurate reporting and tracking with accountability to HOP.
- Ensuring key controls (Sox & Non-sox) that have financial implications for the business are monitored and adhered to in line with set business control parameters
- Identifying loop holes in embedded controls with a view to formulating effective solutions
- Spearheading contract compliance for key and major supplier with individual spends over £250k
- Championing Risk recognition, assessment and mitigation across all procurement areas
- Leading and embedding SFRM
- GCSA 'Super-user' for Sedex system, and act as CSR advisor and communicator to Suppliers and Category managers.
- Assisting and documenting all other Governance programmes as directed
o Key Performance Indicators
- Annual CARM & GAR (audit) process completed for GCSA Procurement in a timely and efficient manner
- Specific KPI's for other Local and Global Procurement Governance projects/initiatives
- Provision of accurate (finance validated) monthly data to support BPM process.
You will need to have:
- Strong commercial acumen, with excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills, both verbal and written with ability to readily engage and influence a range of colleagues and senior stakeholders
- Analytical, numerate, enthusiastic, tenacious. Sound financial-fundamentals awareness and the ability to contribute to the wider business process outside immediate Functional responsibilities
- Excellent attention to detail, and ability to prepare clear and professional presentations or reports for utilization at senior levels within Guinness, Diageo and our supply base.
- Inter-cultural sensitivity and ability to ‘flex’ approach to meet the needs of a diverse community
- Proven track record of delivery in challenging & complex business environments with direct experience in the field of Risk Management, stock accounting and reporting
- Full understanding of Cameroonian import/export constraints, duties and taxation laws
- Proven understanding of Cameroon accounting practices
- Previous experience of working in developing economies would be an advantage
You will also need to be:
- Able to deal with ambiguity, and manage multiple relationships in a matrix environment, with an ability to take criticism and learn from feedback
- Bilingual (French/English)
- Strong lT skills base, including mastery in Excel and advanced proficiency in PowerPoint
- Able to anticipate and plan effectively, monitoring and measuring progress in a timely fashion
Guinness Cameroon, whichis ISO 9001/2008 and ISO 22000/2005 certified, is committed to meritocracy and inclusiveness and will not unfairly discriminate in recruitment, training, career development and promotion on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, gender, marital status, disability, religion or belief and age
Interested candidates should apply mentioning the subject.
All applications to be made through the website: www.Diageo-Careers.Com. Candidates should please load in their CV and covering letters.
CLOSING DATE : 01.02.14
Human Resources Director