The community manager will be responsible for helping drive sales, retain customers and grow the Jumia brand through social media, online communication and offline sales. The Community Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing all social media campaigns under the direction of a central team.
- Manage social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagrametc) including daily monitoring, posting and content development
- Create weekly promotions to drive sales online inline with commercial plans
- Coordinate and implement social media marketing communication projects including social media advertising and creating brand awareness online
- Prepare status reports on social media efforts and success rates
- Help identify opportunities that will promote growth on social media sites
- Work closely with the Web team to ensure we're fully leveraging the website for maximum impact/results
- Help develop content for the Jumia Blog
- Coordinate offline marketing and sales efforts with the direction of the Country Manager
- Build awareness in key audience including universities students, mall shoppers, young families, etc
- Help prepare content for offline channels including billboards, radio, tv, etc.
- Speaking directly with users, whether that be via social media, email, on the phone, or in person.
- Asking users for feedback, either directly or by polling.
- Train customer service and logistics teams on how to “speak” the brand in interactions with customers
- Help write, produce and launch monthly Jumia blog called “Jumia lounge'
- Working with central team in Europe, help coordinate media opportunities
- Build relationships with local press and create opportunities to promote the Jumia brand
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Degree in Business, Communication, Marketing or Technology
- Experience: 5 years of experience in marketing research, social media, technology or communication.
- Excellent writing skills, with an eye for proofreading and grammar.
- Excellent skills in using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience analyzing data, developing insights and research reports
- Internet and technology savvy with an understanding of chat rooms, blogs, social networking sites and consumer communities.
- Strong computer skills is a must (HTML experience is a plus).
- Basic photo editing skills (Photoshop a plus).
Join the journey!
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com
Please put Jumia Community Manager in the subject line.