Recevez toutes nos annonces sur Telegram via notre lien CampusJeunes_Channel : https://t.me/campusjeunes_channel
Chat with other internet users through CampusJeunes_Group on Telegram: https://t.me/campusjeunes
Health Informatics Associate: Above Site based
Reports to: HI Specialist
Location: East and Center Regions
The goal of informatics is to support the improvement the health of populations, communities, families, and individuals by optimizing information management and communication. These activities include the design and use of informatics solutions and technology to support all areas of health care delivery, including, but not limited to, the direct provision of care, establishing effective administrative systems, managing and delivering education experiences, enhancing lifelong learning, and supporting health care research
The Health Informatics Associate will report to the Health Informatics Specialist. He/She will work alongside Application Analysts and IT system administrators to support and enhance hospital data systems. He/She should have previous experience in database application programming, systems analysis and design, process modelling, knowledge of the hospital data domain and enjoy writing database queries to provide answers to user data requirements. He also may be assigned to one or multiple tasks to lead or support activities across the project life cycle.
- Develops data strategies specifically around data structures, identifying critical information, as well as the tools used to retrieve and analyse the data. Performs research and analysis on large data sets - data exploration, trending, modelling, etc
- Designing and implementing tools to measure data, patient care effectiveness and processes
- Ensure all systems remain functional, available and secure
- Facilitating the communication and translation of regulatory and IT requirements between departments
- Conduct regular analysis of performance on key priority indicators
- Contribute to the development and the update of dashboards, automated reports, report templates and presentations by analysing requisite data using of data visualization and analysis tools.
- Influence interventions through state-of-the-art analytics through understandable, actionable, data-driven insights and quickly identify key themes from their data.
- Work with Strategic information team to understand, clarify and document data analysis and reporting needs. Provide guidance and insight on data visualization options for dashboard design.
- Work with the support of health informatics specialist to enhance data collection structures and procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Apply data mining techniques, do statistical analysis, and build high quality predictive analysis information products. Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
- Recommend data architecture and engineering structures necessary to support reports and dashboards.
- Ensure day-to-day availability of all EMR/DAMA Servers
- Ensure daily backups of all databases are done properly
- Apply patches and upgrades as/when required
- Ensure the security of data is always maintained
- Regularly audit user access to all Platform (Dashboard, Project management platform, Reporting tools, EMR/DAMA, Patient Level System)
- Conduct daily routine tasks including health/sanity checks
Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor's degree or higher in software engineering, computer science, Information Technology, Health informatics, or any related fields.
- At least 2 years of experience in the following technical, data, and research areas:
- Technical software/platform: Application design and architecture, application development, services design, and development in healthcare environments
- Data: Experience with the extraction and transport of clinical data using standard document formats and templates, Data modelling, Database design, Database administration and Storage management
- MYSQL, MS SQL, NOSQL or ORACLE practical knowledge
- Solid object-oriented programming practical experience in one of the major scalable languages
- Demonstrable experience of performance tuning and query optimization
- Experience of the full Software Development Lifecycle, utilizing both Agile and Waterfall Project Delivery methods
- Advanced data analysis skills, data mining, BI (Tableau, Power BI and other tools) and Analytics development or other related analytical projects with recent proven experience developing data visualizations, dashboards, and reporting.
- Strong proficiency in query/reporting tools, SQL, Advanced Excel, (or similar visualization tool), R/Python or other statistical tools.
- Experience working in Health programming will be added advantage
Required Knowledge, Skills and Key Competencies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines while producing quality content.
- Comfortable working long hours if needed
- Ability to translate user requirements into functional specifications
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral, presentation, written communication, and analytical skills.
- Experience in working effectively in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting.
- Able to create, motivate and hold accountable a high performing team
- Highly organized, meticulous, and reliable
- Strong oral and written communication skills with demonstrated history in one or more areas: proposal writing, requirements development, and/or professional development activities including professional speaking and conferences.
- Ability to obtain proper security clearances as needed on a contract-to-contract basis.
- Ability to mentor and train through a variety of methods including online, face-to-face, or blended learning opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Instructions for Submitting Applications :
- All applications should be submitted electronically to TIDECameroon@georgetown.edu
- Please mention in the subject line of the email the position for which you are applying.
- Applications should include 3 references that are familiar with applicant's work experience preferably in the last 3-5 years. References should include contact information including daytime phone and e-mail address.
- All applications should include a cover letter that details one's suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications and experiences.
- Candidates should attach a 3-page CV/Resume that highlights one's key achievements in areas relevant to the job
- Job related stated qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
- All applicants should include daytime phone contact information.
- Deadline for application is October 28th, 2020, 5 PM Cameroon Time. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact through its local entity Georgetown Global Health Cameroon is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity, or any other status variable.