June 13, 2014
Open to: All Interested Candidates
Position: Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Technician, FSN-04;FP-AA
NOTE: ALL NON-CAMEROONIAN APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Yaounde is seeking an individual for the position of HVAC Technician in the Facilities Maintenance Section. This position is located in Yaounde.
Opening Date: June 13, 2014
Closing Date: June 26, 2014 at 17:00
Work Hours: Full time; 40 hours/week
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Incumbent serves as Journeyman HVAC Technician and is responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing air conditioners, refrigerators, freezers and air handlers. He/She is responsible for the entire chilled water system, all pumps, motors, all piping associated with these systems, all controls, all compressors, fans, sensors, VAVS, and filter packages.
The complete list of duties and responsibilities of the position is available at: yaounde.usembassy.gov/pd024-2014.html
Note: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Education: Completion of Elementary school plus four years HVAC study/training (equivalent of CAP) in a technical or vocational school or any accredited institution is required.
- Experience: Two years of Journeyman HVAC technician work experience in an international organization or large institution is required.
- Language: Level II (Basic Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Listening/Writing English and Level II (Basic Knowledge) Speaking/Reading French are required and will be tested.
- Job Knowledge: Incumbent must have full journeyman knowledge of established practices and procedures of the HVAC trade; must have working knowledge of Building Automation and Control Systems; must understand how to install and repair all refrigeration and air conditioning equipment; and must have basic knowledge of Mathematics and other crafts such as masonry and electricity. Job knowledge may be tested.
- Skills/Abilities: Incumbent must be able to use a Manometer; must be able read sketches, blue prints, and instruction manuals for all tools required for performing duties; and must be able to use all tools of the trade such as tubing benders, power tools and welding equipment. Skills and abilities may be tested.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a Locally Employed Staff security clearance.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
- Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) available online or at the Embassy; or
- A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see Appendix B); or
- A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant's work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- Additional information on how to apply for a position is available at: yaounde.usembassy.gov/job_opportunities.html
Submit Application to:
Human Resources Office,
P.O. Box 817, U.S. Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon.
Or via email at: email@example.com
(Please, indicate the title of the position on the “Subject:” line)
Point of Contact: Telephone: 2220-1500, Ext 4006; Fax: 2220-1500, Ext 4532
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: June 26, 2014 at 17:00