Intel HR Consulting is in search for;
About the Position:
The Accountant will be primarily responsible for the routine financial and administrative aspects of the project (controls over cash receipts, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash disbursements, fixed assets and journal entries). He will assist in completing monthly close procedures, review the system generated financials for accuracy and reconcile accounts. He will also assist with the daily finance operations, yearly audit and other finance related tasks that may be assigned to him/her by the Administration and Finance & Operations Manager.
Specifically he/she will be responsible to:
- Prepare invoices for payment for review and approval.
- Liquidation of advances
- Management of Petty Cash for minor project expenses.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for GHSA project activities adhering to required deadlines.
- Prepare monthly budget/Expense comparison and projection reports.
- Liaise directly with program head in Cameroon and HQ finance teams on project finance related issues on a regular bases and respond to HQ needs.
- Participate in GHSA annual budget preparation and subsequent revisions.
- Daily recording of all approved financial transactions in the accounting database in a timely manner.
- Keeping track of all staff travels, advance requests and clearances (justification).
- Ensuring the timely payment of all related bills to vendors – rents, internet, communication etc.
- Participate in finance and project management meetings with managers and CDC teams and respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Take up other tasks assigned by Senior Management.
Successful candidates must have the following qualifications:
- University degree in accounting or finance.
- At least 2 years work experience on USG Grants.
- Good knowledge of GAAP and GAAS.
- Good mastery of Cost Point, QuickBooks accounting and other accounting software.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Excel.
- Fluent in French and English (written and spoken).
Duration of Contract: 1 year (renewable)
Posting date: May 26, 2016
Closing date: June 06, 2016
To apply, send cover letter and CV to email@example.com