INTERSOS is an Italian humanitarian organization on the first line that works all over the world bringing assistance to people in danger victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. INTERSOS, with its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively meet the needs of people in crisis, with a particular attention to the vulnerable groups, as women and children. It provides first aid, food, shelter, medical assistance and basic goods. It ensures that basic needs, as education, clean water and health, are met.
The centrality of human being is the key principle underpinning all INTERSOS' values and interventions. It underlines the importance of the principles of equality, justice, peace, solidarity and the duty of every human being to help all those in need or distress, without influence of any kind.
INTERSOS- Cameroon, would like to recruit:
Job Title : Protection Monitor
Reports to : Field Coordinator
Duty Station : Buea – South-West-Cameroon
Position Type : Full time
Protection Monitor will be responsible for the monitoring, identification and referral of protection issues, concerns and trends in the assigned area of operation. The Protection Monitor will also be responsible for community engagement and empowerment in the assigned area.
- Monitor, survey and assess the target population in the assigned area at household and community level through household and site visits.
- Identify and refer protection issues and concerns and report on protection trends in the area of operation.
- Identify and refer vulnerable persons of concern (PoC) for case management support
- Work to identify and support community focal points/settlement representatives to join in need assessment, participatory monitoring and follow-up activities;
- Design, develop and timely submit weekly work plans of the visits to ITS and privately accommodated in the project areas as well as weekly reports.
- Provide necessary reporting inputs for monitoring and evaluation purposes
- Ensure all monitoring activities are fully documented, including systematic and timely data collection and contribute to data entry on a regular basis as per the standard monitoring formats.
- Plan and facilitate Focus Group Discussions and Awareness Sessions for beneficiaries living in the designated area of coverage
- Liaise and maintain positive relationships between INTERSOS, community's representatives, local leaders and grassroots organizations in the assigned area and provide them with overall orientation on the project.
(Can be adapted to the particularities of the job location and the requirement of the project. This section shall be revised whenever a need be).
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- One year experience in protection and humanitarian work in favour of internal displaced persons
- Professional experience in an international or national NGO.
- Understanding of basic medical aid for the survivals of sexual violence (reproduction health, administration of post-rape aid, etc)
- Experience in formal and informal training.
- Protection background desirable
- Experience in implementing participatory monitoring, reporting & evaluation and community assessments is desirable.
- Good understanding of the notion of holistic aid to survivals of sexual violence
- Capacity to participate in a neutral and transparent manner to the activities of the project: especially in matters of confidentiality when dealing with relaying information and contact with information source.
- Competence in interpersonal Communication
- Team spirit and sense of autonomy
- Computer/IT literacy (MS Office, Internet etc.);
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Ability and willingness to travel across the assigned project areas at short notice and spend extended periods within communities
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent command of (written and spoken) English is required and knowledge in French would be an advantage;
Interested and qualified candidates should deposit their CVs and motivation letters to the following email address email@example.com before the 15/06/2018, addressed to the Human Resource Manager.
At one of our offices in Yaounde (Rue draggae opposite the South African Ambassador's residence) Maroua (Quartier Pitoare) and Kousseri (behind CICR office)
The mail should have as subject PROTECTION MONITOR.
Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted for the next phase of the recruitment process.