INTERSOS is an Italian humanitarian organization on the first line that works all over the world bringing assistance to people in danger victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. INTERSOS, with its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively meet the needs of people in crisis, with a particular attention to the vulnerable groups, as women and children. It provides first aid, food, shelter, medical assistance and basic goods. It ensures that basic needs, as education, clean water and health, are met.
The centrality of human being is the key principle underpinning all INTERSOS' values and interventions. It underlines the importance of the principles of equality, justice, peace, solidarity and the duty of every human being to help all those in need or distress, without influence of any kind.
INTERSOS- Cameroon, would like to recruit:
Job Title : Psychologist
Reports to : Project Manager
Duty Station : Buea – South West-Cameroon
Position Type : Consultant
Support INTERSOS staff to improve the quality of specialized services and individual psychological support provided for GBV survivors, CP cases and individual at risk in the different CAFS.
- Assess the needs of the targeted beneficiaries in each center and design, in collaboration with the staff, a package of PSS activities for the beneficiaries of INTERSOS centre;
- Support INTERSOS staff to improve the quality of specialized services provided (specialized psychological services, group therapy, individual counseling, and basic Sexual Reproductive Health services) for GBV survivors, CP cases and individual at risk in the different CAFS; psychological support for GBV survivors and CP cases.
- Monitor the activities (awareness and support groups), within the centers and outside, and provide management advice in order to improve the activities implementation;
- Report to the FAC and the Program Manager any problems and/or training needs identified during the monitoring of the implementation of psychological activities.
- Produce and maintain in an accurate way a weekly and monthly report of the activities conducted;
- Informs the Program Manager about any difficulty met in INTERSOS activities implementation;
- Be available to train on psychological support and first aid INTERSOS staff when requested;
- Collaborate with INTERSOS staff in conducting any other trainings when requested by the PM;
- Accomplish any other assignments given by supervisors or the PM.
- Be available to participate in meetings in INTERSOS offices or other identified premises.
- Provide to the Program Manager a weekly and monthly report on the activities conducted.
Survival of sexual violence
- Lead social workers in individual psychological consultations of survivals of sexual violence
- Ensure that team gives a socio psychological support to survival of sexual violence
- Put in place a reference system of survivals in appropriate local structures, if need be
- Reinforce staff capacity in the organization of therapeutic and psycho pedagogic group activities.
- Put in place a monitoring of referred cases.
- Develop intervention tools towards children or youths affected by major risk link to protection
- Support staff in the carrying out of psychological activities for children in difficulties. Referred, by field agents and ensure their follow up.
- Develop a strategy to lead children and adolescents to participate in the resolution process and encourage parents or members of the family or the communities to take part aswell, when need be.
- Reinforce the capacities of social workers in carrying out evaluation with the aid of interviews, psychological tests, educative activities so as to detect, prevent, correct and treat cases or protection threats involving a child
- Develop techniques of following up children in distress or in moral suffering
- University Degree or equivilence in Psychology, social assistance or any other related domain
- 3-5 years professional experience
- Good knowledge in the development of working tools
- Experience in matters of refugee protection
- Experience in staff capacity building
- Experience in NGOs and with foreigners
- Experience in supporting and training agents and community organisation in both formal and informal ways.
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Security management skills
- Fit to work in an unstable zone
- Analytical and good judgement skills
- Respect, empathy and discretion
- Sense of observation and open mind
- Adaptation capacity
- Good knowledge of Window Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet)
- Mastary of English is a must and knowledge of French is a plus
Interested and qualified candidates should deposit their CVs and motivation letters to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org before the 15/06/2018, addressed to the Human Resource Manager.
At one of our offices in Yaounde (Rue draggae opposite the South African Ambassador's residence) Maroua (Quartier Pitoare) and Kousseri (behind CICR office)
The mail should have as subject PSYCHOLOGIST.
Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted for the next phase of the recruitment process.