|Status:||Open (currently receiving applications)|
|Organization:||International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)|
|Location:||Cameroon Country Programme Office, Yaoundé, Cameroon|
|Reporting to:||Responsable Radio Environnement|
|Expected start date:||03 March 2014|
|Type of contract:||Fixed-term (12 months)|
|Closing date:||25 January 2014|
The IUCN Cameroon Programme is part of the West and Central Africa Programme (PACO) based in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. The «Radio Environment ", which broadcasts on FM 107.7 MHz, is one of the communication tools of IUCN Cameroon Programme. It was created in 2002 to improve, interactively, the popularization of issues related to the environment. It is a tool available to all stakeholders in the conservation and sustainable development in Central and West Africa.
Its areas of intervention are among other forest governance, exploitation of Non Timber Forest Product (NTFPs) and NTFP sector development, improving landscape management, improving livelihoods, community management of forest and wildlife resources, climate change, policy influence, capacity building and the development of community radio networks and media to promote conservation, sustainable and equitable management of natural resources.
Radio Environment is therefore looking for a highly talented and enthusiastic Cameroonian to fulfill responsibilities and tasks of Journalist in the English language.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Journalist is a member of the editorial team of Radio Environment. He prepares news contents in the English language.
- collect, process and disseminate information under the supervision of the hierarchy,
- participate in the daily news conference ( help menu information of the day, and carry out criticism of past edition of news )
- contribute to mainstreaming of all editorial work,
- anchor news bulletin ,
- participate in the coverage of events and provide treatment and duration of elements in strict compliance with the editorial line ,
- manage under the control of the Head of the radio news coverage in all areas (environment, politics, culture, sports ... )
- oversee information broadcast in English ,
- ensure content quality and consistency of information in English ( hierarchy of subjects, order of appearance in the paper, coherence and cohesion, etc. . )
- coordinate , direct, and participate in the production of English language magazines ,
- manage the newsroom , in close collaboration with the French-speaking Journalist,
- contribute to the management and monitoring of projects in the portfolio of the radio,
- help mobilize funding for the radio through the development of concept notes and / or projects of interest to partners;
- help manage the editorial line , including ensuring that radio programs are at least 80 % filled by "green" programs related to the environment;
- produce radio programs related to the environment ;
- contribute to the ongoing evaluation of radio programs and make suggestions for improvement,
- ensure the quality of all radio programs produced in English.
- University Degree in journalism (BA in Journalism) and at least two years of professional experience or Higher National Diploma with at least four years of professional experience in mass communication,
- excellent mastery of the English language and good knowledge of the French language,
- excellent writing skills and teamwork,
- perfect oral expression,
- master Ms office and communication softwares,
- have good knowledge in the field of environment,
- be courteous and helpful.
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST).