Job Advert: Accountant
Unity Co-operative Society (UNICS Plc) is a Microfinance Institution created on the 15th of January 2000. Among other conventional financial products like savings accounts and current accounts, UNICS Plc has invested a lot in the development of value added services like Automated Teller Machine and the sale of Bank Cards, Online Banking, SMS Banking, Virtual Private Network, and many others. For the past 16 years, UNICS Plc has been able to position herself as one of the fastest growing financial institutions in Cameroon with highly improved technological facilities and well-developed products tailored to the needs of the public.
So as to coordinate and reinforce the Accounting Team, we are seeking the services of an Accountant with a thorough knowledge of the Cameroon tax laws, OHADA and COBAC Accounting principles, who would be ready to work at any of our Branches in the National territory. Mastery of financial accounting and internal controls will be an added advantage.
In order to successfully achieve the purpose of this role, the position holder will perform the following tasks and should have the qualification and skills indicated below:
- Develop, maintain and analyse budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgets to realizations;
- Analyzes revenue and expenditure trends and recommends appropriate measures to control expenditure and avoid income leakage;
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts with appropriate supporting documentation, general ledger monitoring, and follow up to eliminate suspense;
- Reconciliation of accounts; banks, transit accounts, interbranch and accounting of our products;
- Monitoring and reporting of our third party banking products; Flash Pay, Diplomat Card, Western Union and all other upcoming products;
- Ensure the safeguard of current and non current assets, to ensure traceability and security;
- Participate in the end of period closure; month, quarter ,semester and year, and prepare timely, accurate and reliable financial reports ;
- Carries out accounting control to identify treatment irregularities and propose corrective action;
- Collaborate with the Internal Audit & Compliance Team to put in place a system of detective and preventive controls for the institution to detect & prevent fraud and misappropriation;
- Monitor and advise Management in minimizing risk resulting from poor internal controls.
QUALIFICATION & SKILLS
- To have at least a Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
- To have at least two years of working experience in accounting and Internal Control position. Experience in a Financial Institution is an added advantage;
- Strong technical skills in the use of Microsoft applications such as MS Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint;
- Strong communication skills- both oral and written;
- Bilingual (English and French);
- Experience in process evaluation, implementing policies and procedures;
- Ability to work independently within a team fostered environment;
If you have what it takes to be our Accountant, please submit ONLY your Motivation Letter and Curriculum Vitae via:email@example.com not later than 24th June 2017.