Job Advert: Intern Administrative/Finance for GOH project (20981)
Plan International is an independent non-profit development and humanitarian organization that advances children's rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children's rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
In order to assist the Cameroonian government in its objective of professionalizing studies and building the capacity of graduated students, Plan International offers possibilities to a limited number of persons from professional schools, universities and Local Non-governmental organizations within Cameroon, with the aim to help interns to complement their academic studies and knowledge with needed work experience in an adequate professional setting.
Plan International Cameroon is currently advertising for position of two (02) Interns in Administrative and Finance – Bamenda and Garoua
The overall objective of this (06 months) of professional internship is to provide the intern additional competencies to enable her/him meet the challenges and requirements of the job market as well as gain their support in the process of implementing ongoing PU projects.
To enable the intern meet the learning objective, she/he will be assigned specific tasks by the supervisor on a daily basis and will be assessed upon completion of each task. She/he be given opportunity to work in other departments such as finance and Administration. Field visits/works will be jointly conducted with the intern to improve their capacity in that area. The intern must ensure she/he is insured prior to their full involvement in any field activities.
The intern will also participate in meetings, trainings and workshops organized by PU. She/he will be given specific assignments such as report and minute writing to enhance their skills. She/he will be expected to adhere to all Plan Cameroon's regulations, policies and procedures with a particular attention paid to the Child Protection Policy and the Code of Conduct.
3. Activities to be carried out by interns
Under the supervision of the PU Administrative Coordinator, the interns shall amongst other tasks:
- Set specific learning objectives at the beginning of the internship based on which they will be reporting at the end of the period.
- Assist in the stamping of payment vouchers
- Assist in Filing in Finance and Admin department
- Assist in typing official documents and in drafting of contracts
- Assist in reception especially as the drivers and always mostly not on sit.
- Assist the Admin Coordinator to follow up vehicle repairs and refueling of Plan International's cars.
- Assist in the delivery of tender documents and transmission of mails to ESICO.
- Give support for the purchase and supply of goods and materials for the PU as per the Field Operation Book (FOB), local procedures and policies to ensure value for money is obtained at all times,
- Prepares Offers for Bids in accordance with the bidding guidelines and coordinates activities of selection committee,
- Prepare regular requisitions for gas/oil, repairs and maintenance of vehicles, distribution of supplies, equipment and fixed asset as well as other clerical and administrative services such as photo-developing/copying, security services and housekeeping.
- Ensure the effective management of store to ensure the effective implementation of program activities with no reports or incidents on mismanagement of store,
- Follow-up with the driver the vehicle maintenance
- Prepare the fuel analysis,
- Screens incoming calls and properly divert calls to concerned party; be responsible for handling all incoming and outgoing calls for an efficient flow of communication;
- Screens incoming and out coming visitors / mails to facilitate contact: (i)Reception of visitors and directing them appropriately, (ii) Reception of mails and parcels and ensure that they are appropriately dispatched without delay.
- Responsible for providing secretarial support to the office including : (i)Ensuring that there is a proper filing system for incoming and outgoing mails and other documents for the core management; (ii) Ensuring that the appointments are properly organized; (iii) Circulates routine information to all staff.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the attainment of organizational goals.
- Attend and actively participate in PU Coordination meeting and learning space
- Carry out internship while respecting Plan's Program principles and Professional ethics
- Perform/Carryout duties/activities assigned by supervisor and PUM.
4. Qualification and Experience
- University Degree or Two years University Certificate (e.i BTS- DEUG) in Accounting, Finance, Administration or related fields.
- Some minimum experience of purchasing, maintaining inventories and materials
- Computer skills will be an added advantage.
- Ability to use general office equipment such photocopiers, printers etc…
- Experience working with an international NGO would be an advantage
4.1. Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice
- Good communication and ICT skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good client/customer relations
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Good negotiation skills
- High level of discretion
- Planning & organizing
- Good team player
Duration and location of Internship: This internship has duration of 6 months. She/he will be based in the Bamenda and Garoua PU, North West Region and North Region.
To apply for this job, kindly click on “Apply “. Your application should include:
- A Covering letter
- A Comprehensive CV including details of two referees
Closing date: 28/06/2017
Plan International Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity.
Only applications received in French or English will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan international has a child protection and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.