Job Advert – Information Security Officer
Vodafone Cameroon invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Information Security Officer
JOB TITLE: Information Security Officer
REPORTS TO: CTO
LOCATION: Douala, Cameroon
Reporting to the CTO and Under the general direction of CTO, the Information Security Officer (ISO) is responsible for the development and delivery of a comprehensive information security and privacy program for the Organization. The scope of this program is Organization-wide, and includes information in electronic, print and other formats.
Role Definition and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the development of VF CMR information security policies, standards and procedures. Work with key IT, data custodians and governance groups in the development of such policies. Ensure that VF policies support compliance with external requirements. Oversee the dissemination of policies, standards and procedures to the VF Security community
- Develop and implement an Incident Reporting and Response System to address VF Internal & External security incidents (breaches), respond to alleged policy violations, or complaints from external parties. Serve as the official Organization contact point for information security
- Develop and implement an ongoing risk assessment program targeting information security and privacy matters; recommend methods for vulnerability detection and remediation, and oversee vulnerability testing.
- Act as representing VF CRM on Information Security matters; serve as the VF CMR contact point for external auditors and agencies, survey requests, etc on security/privacy matters.
- Keep abreast of latest security and privacy legislation, regulations, advisories, alerts and vulnerabilities pertaining to the VF group and its mission.
- Take part in VF Recovery Planning.
Person Qualities – Essential Requirements
The successful candidate will be willing to take on further responsibilities within a multinational organization and possess the following attributes:
- The emphasis of this position is on policy development, program administration and compliance/incident response activities. While technical knowledge of information technology and security issues is highly desirable, technical expertise and resources will be available from units such as Systems Management & Operations, and the Office of Telecommunications to support the information security and privacy program. Bachelors IT/IMS degree required
- Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum five years of experience in information security, information technology or related field. Experience in developing and administering an information security program desirable. Working knowledge of and experience in the policy and regulatory environment of information security, especially in telecom environment is desirable. Excellent project management, written and oral communications skills desired
- Ability to work collaboratively with a group range is essential. A demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of people is required
- Good understanding of change management, configuration management
- Project Management skills
- Ability to support 24×7, to work under pressure and stressful situations.
Other Desirable Traits
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Result Driven, Self Driven, Pro-active
- Strong work ethic
- Fast learner, flexible, hardworking and dynamic person open for new challenges, new models, technologies
- Customer oriented
- Good written and oral English language skills
How to apply
Please send your CV with Motivation letter by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention "Information Security officer:" as subject of your email
Deadline July, 25th 2017
Applications not following the guidelines above will not be considered.