OPEN TO : All Applicants
POSITION : Program and Training Assistant (PTA) Community Health (HE)
OPENING DATE : Feb. 14,2014
CLOSING DATE: Feb. 28 , 2014
WORK HOURS: Full Time
The United States Peace Corps Cameroon is recruiting a Program and Training Assistant for Community Health (PTA/HE)
based in Yaoundé, Cameroon. This position reports to the Associate Peace Corps Director for Community Health (APCD/HE). This is a multi-function position that provides technical training and programmatic support to Peace Corps Volunteers and Trainees. Position requires frequent and extended travel to remote locations within Cameroon and requires a great degree of energy, flexibility and creativity. The position will be a full
- time Personal Services Contractor position with an initial three months probationary period beginning on/about May 17, 2014 (if possible before).
Basic Function of the position
- Programming, Volunteer Support, Training, Management/Administration.
- Applicant must be a Cameroon citizen, must not have been employed in intelligence
- related activities, and must be able to submit application that clearly documents hows/he meets each of the following qualifications.
- University degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or related studies.
Prior Work Experience
- At least 5 years of related work experience progressively increased responsibilities in the field of program development and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English(equivalent to Level 3)
. Ability to understand, explain and communicate technical material as well as Peace Corps policies and procedures in both languages.
Skills and abilities
- Demonstrated a bility to :
work independently with limited supervision; work as a team member in high pressure multi-cultural environment;
efficiently organize and manage files. Ability to: provide technical advice in support of volunteer activities ;
plan and organize program activities ;
plan and implement technical training using participatory methodologies for adult education ;
communicate effectively in writing and speaking (both in English and in French);
counsel volunteers and assist them in assessing and resolving problems that arise ;
effectively apply Microsoft applications(Word/Excel/PowerPoint);
present self in a professional manner displaying confidence and knowledge of areas of responsibility.
HOW TO APPLY
If interested, please submit:
- a cover letter addressing your qualifications:
- a current resume or curriculum vitae together with three references capable of attesting to your work performance to:
Deputy Director of Management and Operations, Peace Corps B.P 215 Yaoundé
You may also email your application to email@example.com
Please indicate “PTA/HE” in the subject line.
No telephone calls or personal visits
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by telephone. All documents, including your telephone number must be received by Feb. 28 2014.