JOB ANNOUNCEMENT : Part-Time Model School Principal, United States Peace Corps Cameroon
POSITION: Part-Time Model School Principal
OPENING DATE: 21 April 2014
CLOSING DATE: 28 April 2014
The United States Peace Corps Cameroon is recruiting a Part-Time Model School Principal for its community-Based
Pre-Service Training (PST), in Ebolowa, Cameroon. The selected Candidate will have to reside in Ebolowa, where
Peace Corps Training takes place. The position requires a great degree of energy, ï¬exibility and creativity.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The principal shall perform the classical duties that this position performs in a Cameroonian school. The Candidate shall:
- Participate in the design and implementation of training for in—con1ing volunteers
- In conjunction with technical trainers design technical sessions for Education.
- Set up, organize, and run a six—week Model School which serves as practicum for volunteers training to be teaching in Cameroonian schools.
- Do marketing of the Model School to recruit students and teachers
- Collect registration fees and work with Training logistician and administrator to manage the money for model school
- Prepare invitations for the opening and the closing of Model School.
- Prepare students lists.
- Set up attendance sheets for students and teachers.
- Prepare pedagogic documents such as Report cards, mark sheets, master sheets, roll call lists, log books, scheme of work forms
- Participate in technical sessions to share teaching experience
- Facilitate technical sessions directly related to Model School
- Organize and supervise prizes for the best Model School students.
- Write a final administrative and financial report of Model School
- Perform any other duties agreed with training and programing staff.
- Give multiple accountability to Peace Corps Training Manager and Programming and Training Assistant and Program Manager/collaborate with other technical trainers for effective delivery of training
A University Degree
Has teaching experience in a secondary/high school of at least 6 years
Has at least 2 year experience in school administration in the capacity of Principal or vice principal
Is knowledgeable on differences between teacher centered and student—centered teaching approaches;
Excellent oral communication skills in English;
Experience working or awareness in cross—cultural settings, sensitivity and familiarity with diversity of American
and Cameroonian cultures;
HOW TO APPLY
If interested, please submit: 1. a cover letter addressing your qualifications: 2. a current resume or curriculum vitae
together with three references capable of attesting to your work performance to: email@example.com. Please
indicate “Model School Principal” in the subject line.
No telephone calls or personal Visits. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by telephone. All
documents, including your telephone number must be received by April 28,2014.