Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Petroleum Engineering
Cameroon Petroleum Academy, Bamenda, Cameroon
Academic, Part Time
Cameroon Petroleum Academy is looking for Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Petroleum Engineering to fill in the vacancy in the Academy. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching, conducting tutorial and practical classes, and providing guidance to students in lab experiment sessions.
To assist the selection committee with the selection process, applicants must address all the criteria listed in the Selection Criteria below. Each selection criteria must be addressed separately. Applicants are requested to provide evidence of their ability to meet each criterion, using examples of previous experience wherever possible.
Selection Criteria :
- Postgraduate qualifications, graduate, Advance diploma related to Petroleum engineering or related field.
- Demonstrated ability in teaching.
- In principle, teaching responsibilities will include Drilling Engineering, Production Technology and Petroleum Economics units. The teaching will include delivering the lectures, practical classes and lab experiments.
- Industrial experience and significant involvement with industry or professional groups is highly regarded.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in both written and oral communication, and preparation of proposals and substantial reports.
- Demonstrated strong teamwork skills and the ability to promote a cooperative culture amongst colleagues and students.
- A demonstrated ability to manage academic and research affairs in a dynamic and complex educational and research environment in Petroleum Engineering.
- Ability to participate in the interdisciplinary teaching courses required by engineering foundation program.
The appointment will be made at a level appropriate to the successful applicant's academic qualifications, teaching and learning experience, and verifiable track record in the areas of R&D and industrial collaboration.
To apply please email your CV (including contact details of 2 referees, please also include copies of educational certificates and other supporting documents) along with covering letter via (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing Date: 08/07/2014