Job Title: Logistics Officer
Location: Yaounde/ Bertoua, Cameroon
Reports to: Country Director
Nascent Solutions, Inc. (Nascent) is an international humanitarian and development non-profit organization founded in 2004. The mission of the organization is to build capacity for vulnerable people, especially women and youth in rural Africa for self-sufficiency.
Nascent Solutions is currently seeking a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of Logistics Officer to support the implementation of a UNHCR Funded program designed to prevent Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) among refugee settlements in the Adamaoua and East regions of Cameroon. The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating, consolidating and ensuring the smooth implementation of and adherence to logistic and security procedures of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop logistical plans and standards of operating procedures
- Develop timelines and budget requirements for planned or new operations;
- Develop and implement methodologies and tools to enable effective execution of logistic plans;
- Manage logistics operations, including, material and personnel
- Ensure timely, accountable and cost-effective delivery of project materials and personnel;
- Coordinate and provide logistics support to ongoing activities
- Ensure that logistics requirements take account of gender-specific needs;
- Coordinate logistics activities with procurement, finance, humanitarian affairs and other substantive units;
- Prepare reports on personnel and material movements and other operational logistics issues;
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained;
- Prepare logistics preparedness reviews; Coordinate logistics operations with UNHCR and Nascent
- Assume responsibilities of certifying officer upon request; Perform other related tasks as required.
- Strong personal initiative and willingness to accept responsibilities
- Comprehensive grasp of logistics operations and practices
- Ability to deploy to remote locations and to operate independently in austere environment on short notice for limited duration
- Management – Demonstrated Management Skills.
- Planning and organization – Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor work plans.
- Judgment – Demonstrated sound judgment in applying technical expertise to resolve a rank of issues/problems
- Client Relations – Good negotiating skills and ability to influence others to reach agreement.
- Technology – Ability to develop and operate common database software, spreadsheet, project management applications and complex text documents.
- Teamwork – Good interpersonal skills; ability to lead teamwork sessions; demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with logistic counterparts.
Qualifications and work experience
- Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in Business Administration, Accounting or related fields.
- At least 3 years of experience in logistics operations.
- Experience in development operations is an asset.
- Fluency in spoken and written English or French
Interested candidates are advised to send their résumés and cover letter in MS Word to email@example.com by COB November 30, 2013.
Nascent is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally-protected characteristic.