SOS CHILDREN'S VILLAGES INTERNATIONALWE ARE RECRUITING FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION
International Branch Yaoundé
Established in 1949, SOS Children's Villages is a dynamic social development organisation working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of orphaned and vulnerable children. SOS Children's Villages International is the umbrella organiation that provides support and guidance to SOS member associations in 133 countries worldwide.We are recruiting a Bilingual Secretary to be based at our International Branch in Yaounde, and reporting directly to the Children's Villages International Representative.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for handling and managing all incoming and outgoing calls.
- Responsible for receiving mails and parcels and ensure that they are appropriately dispatched without delay.
- Responsible for providing secretarial support to the office, ensuring documents are done in good quality and on a timely basis and there is a proper filing system for incoming and outgoing mails and other documents
- Organize in collaboration with other staff all local/international workshops, travels and visits.
- Carry out all activities according to SOS Children's Villages' policies and procedures.
- Handle SOS Children's Villages' Office public address mails.
- In charge of work/residence permit for international staff.
- Carry out translation work as per need.
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Secretariat, Linguistics(preferably bilingual series), Public Relations, plus 03 years' experience, or BTS/DUT plus 06 years' experience.
- Be fully bilingual in writting and speaking French and English.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Strong ability to work or exchange with people from multicultural and multiethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- High level literaccy both in computer and internet.
- Knowledge and experience in translation will be a great asset.
Interested candidates who meet the selection requirements are requested to send their curriculum vitae, a cover letter in French or English, and the names and contact details of three referees, including on recent employer.
Applications should be sent exclusively via e-mail at email@example.com before 13th October 2015 latest.
Title of the e-mail should be "Application Bilingual Secretary".