The Cameroon Program Officer will play an important role in providing project management support to Malaria No More's strategic communications and advocacy activities, including private sector engagement in Cameroon.
Services: The P.rogram Officer shall have the following responsibilities:
- Provide support to in-country programs and activities;
- Support the development of corporate partnerships and help reinforce public-private sector partnerships in the malaria fight in Cameroon;
- Monitor private sector engagement activities;
- Assist with the donor reporting process, capturing key milestones and deliverables monthly and packaging them to select donors;
- Write programs activities quarterly reports in English and French;
- Review and support format, look and feel of the MNM presentations, reports or other in-country technical documents;
- Support the National Malaria Control Program and health partners via MNM'work on communications activities, advocacy and other malaria related activities;
- Support the development and implementation of communications and advocacy activities for a national treated mosquito net distribution campaign and other malaria interventions, as well as private sector engagement activities;
- Manage events, activities and partnerships connected to our strategic communications activities;
- Support internal operations, assisting with developing and maintaining systems for knowledge management and digital/creative asset management; and
- Assist with special projects and duties as assigned.
Skills and Background:
- Minimum attainment of a Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in communications or advocacy or public heath or related field.
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills in English and French are required.
- Excellent computer skills required, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to think strategically about MNM's programmatic work and the intersection of the public and private sectors.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a varied workload. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on several projects
- Hard-working and energetic collaborator who creates trust, demonstrates credibility and inspires enthusiasm in all internal and external partners
- Ability to prioritize, focus & achieve results.
- Strong critical thinking and strong attention to details
Reporting to: Cameroon Country Director
Location: Based in Yaoundé, Cameroon
Duration of the contract: One Year (renewable upon availability of funds)
Start Date: December 15, 2015.
To apply for this position: Please provide a cover letter, a resume, a copy of your most recent diploma, and at least 3 professional references. All documents in French or English to firstname.lastname@example.org . Subject line: “Cameroon Program Officer Position”
Malaria No More is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: Applications should be submitted before NOVEMBER 15th 2015, only via email@example.com