Jobs Location: Bafoussam
Contract Type Full Time
Salary Very encouraging
Required Experience 1-3years
Expiry Date 30/05/2015
Chief Financial Officer
(Flexible location: Significant travel between US and Cameroon)
Ovamba is an angel and VC backed startup. The company operates an Africa focused SME debt exchange which facilitates Marketplace lending between International and African institutional investors and Africa based regulated lending institutions (loan Originators). Ovamba enables financial institutions and individual investors both locally and globally to participate in the SME finance market in a variety of African economies. We have created a technology platform that allows Investors to buy loans issued by fully regulated local financial institutions. With this same technology, African entrepreneurs and lenders can build credit profiles and improve financial access.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be a member of the executive leadership team. As the senior financial executive, the CFO is responsible for all related accounting and finance functions, including treasury, financial analysis, budgeting, operational and financial reporting. The CFO will be a key participant in strategy development regarding the future of the business, its growth and financial performance. The CFO will also be a key point person to the Investor Group.
- Proactively drive financial improvement and partner effectively with the CEO and other members of the management team.
- Provide “operational insight” into the business, thus allowing the executive team to better understand and manage the business.
- Provide effective communications with the executive team, Board of Directors and partners/investors.
- Oversight of all corporate accounting functions, including setting accounting policies and communicating policies to operating teams.
- Elevate management reporting with the establishment of KPI's and dashboard metrics.
- Create a disciplined mindset around the company relating to accounting processes and internal control. Create and develop organizational and accounting platforms to support growth.
- Develop long-term strategies and plans for financial reporting and accounting, including organization, systems, and processes, anticipating future needs.
- Participate in the identification, analysis and required due diligence of new business/contracts.
- Advise on financial implications of any contracts into which the company may enter. This will often include client interaction and negotiation.
- Directs the treasury, budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, real estate, long range planning and insurance activities.
- Directs all procedures and computer application systems necessary to support operations and maintain proper records and accounting controls.
- Responsible for all governmental and OHADA reporting and regulatory compliance.
- Directs the controller / treasurer and relevant third parties as custodian of funds, securities and assets of the Company and its members.
- A minimum of fifteen years of experience in progressively more senior financial positions in services companies with multiple operations/locations. Experience gained in the Banking / Financial Services industry is considered an advantage.
- Experience working within a growing and/or changing business is preferable, with the ability to integrate processes and systems and develop scalable solutions.
- Previous experience as a public company or venture backed company CFO is significantly preferred.
- Strong financial management and accounting skills across operations, contracting, treasury functions, deal planning and execution, and asset management.
- A change agent with the ability to positively impact the growth of the company by supporting and implementing new business initiatives.
- Excellent analytical skills related to the day-to-day business processes.
- A demonstrated ability to manage across the diverse challenges of a growing business.
- Proven ability to think creatively, challenging existing processes and creating value by defining improved processes and seeing that they are implemented in a timely and effective manner.
- The ability to look beyond the current business approach and challenge existing business model assumptions.
- A track record of building very strong teams by selecting the right people, setting expectations, and holding people accountable to high performance standards.
- Experience in a small cap environment would be a plus, as well as familiarity with investor groups.
- Strongly desired experiences and skills:
- Securitization and structured finance experience
- Fluency in French and English
- Expertise and knowledge of emerging markets sector debt capital markets
- Knowledge of loan product design for securitization and rating agencies with a focus on frontier and emerging economies.
- Experience with growing technology related firms throughout their funding lifecycle (angel, VC, PE, public) or acquisition – including integration and due diligence.
- Perform due diligence on emerging market banks to maintain loan quality.
- Evaluate the Company's financial position and issue periodic reports on financial stability, liquidity, and growth.
- Coordinate tax reporting programs and investor activities.
- Direct Company-wide cost accounting procedures and issue statistical and operating reports on the performance of the operating departments.
- Oversee the preparation and issuance of the Company's annual report.
- Analysis of general economic and business conditions in Company's principal markets.
- Evaluation of business partnering opportunities.
- Effect global tax base optimization using structuring and transfer pricing strategies.
- Develop and update operational and valuation models
- Foreign exchange hedging and risk mitigation.
- Leads efforts in pricing excellence and price value capture
- Serves as a resource to Credit and Statistical Analysis departments.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
An undergraduate degree is required
MBA and/or CPA is a plus
Cameroon General Manager
Global Chief Operations Officer
Ovamba Solutions, Inc.
US Cell#: +1202-390-2165
Cameroon Cell#: +237 676873610
Apply By dropping your applications and CVs to our email