Malaria No More
Communication Officer Position
Terms of Reference
General: The Communication Officer will play an important role in providing project assistance to Malaria No More's strategic communications and advocacy activities, including private sector engagement in Cameroon. As such, the Communication Officer will be responsible for providing Malaria No More with the below-referenced services("Services").
The Communications Officer shall have the following responsibilities:
- Conduct critical analysis of communications materials for the project;
- Ensure the quality of content for the production of TV spots, radio spots and micro programs, community toolboxes and others communications tools;
- Monitor and report on the communications activities of the community radios, urban radios and TV stations;
- Support the distribution of communications materials;
- Assist with the donor reporting process, capturing key milestones and deliverables monthly and packaging them in various activities reports for key donors;
- Write official letters;
- participate actively in partner meetings;
- Support the development of corporate partnerships and help reinforce public-private sector partnerships in the malaria fight in Cameroon;
- Monitor private sector engagement activities;
- Assist with drafting quarterly newsletters of private sector activities;
- Support the private sector annual ceremony events;
- Manage media monitoring and other communications activities;
- Maintain orderly filing of all creative assets and raw footage;
- Work together with other team members to organize and plan events with respect to the project;
- and Support the National Control Program and health partners on communications activities, advocacy and other malaria related activities.
The ideal Communications Officer candidate will possess the following skills:
- Excellent written and oral communications in French is required;
- Excellent writting style;
- Good written and oral knowledge of English is required;
- Knowledge and ability to review and design Power Point & Microsoft Word documents;
- Minimum attainment of a Bachelor's degree;
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in communications or related field;
- Ability to think strategically about MNM's programmatic work and the intersection of the public and private sectors;
- Ability to manage and prioritize a varied workload;
- Ability to work as part of a team; and
- Ability to prioritize, focus & achieve results.
Reporting: The Communication Officer will report to MNM's Cameroon Country Director
Location: Yaoundé, Cameroon
Duration: 6 Months (renewable upon availability of funds)
Start date: July 1st, 2016
Please send and email with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Communications Officer - Cameroon" in the subject line.
Applications for this position will be accepted until June 11, 2016.