The China Geo-engineering Corporation office in Bastos Yaounde, is currently looking to hire a human resource manager, to join its energetic and lively team. As an exclusive state own gigantic and professional enterprise it specialises in projects on road and bridge construction, water supply and drainage, irrigation and hydro-power, environmental protection, building, geo-technical engineering and geologic hazard treatment. Known for its quality and efficiency in performance, China Geo-engineering Corporation has more than 30 oversea branches in Asia and Africa, covering over 50 countries hence the need for a competent HR manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops human resources goals and plan that are consistent with plant business objectives.
- Provides professional and consultative services to management team on people management and development issues
- Implements required HR information management system to manage Human Resources data and process efficiently per internal audit request, and delivers reporting to HR network per global BU and regional headquarter request timely and accurately
- Recruits, interviews and participates in the selection process for filling vacancies within the facility.
- Checks references and handles employment verifications.
- Works with Site Manager and Production Manager in ensuring that the facility is properly manned.
- Champions the concept of self-directed work teams, coaches the teams in facilitating problems, conflicts and operational issues.
- Assists teams with designing guidelines and policies.
- Fosters a participative and positive employee philosophy culture.
- Facilitates team meetings on human issues such as discipline, turnover, absenteeism etc.
- Designs and facilitates the Employee Orientation process to ensure the new employee is successfully acclimated to the Company culture.
- Develops and conducts various training for the operation, administers career development and performance management process for the facility, Succession Planning, Performance Appraisals and Graduate Development. Promotes continuous learning and advises employees on courses, seminars etc. to enhance their careers.
- Administer and maintain the Employee Compensation system to attract and retain right people at the right level of personnel cost.
- Responsible for Employee Communication program to include development of Employee Handbooks, training manuals and publicity board.
- Coordinates employee social and recreational activities.
- Make sure global policies related to safety, respect and integrity are well deployed at the plant for a good working environment and positive employer image.
- Develops and assure to meet annual budgets for the Department.
- Implement projects to improve organization efficiency.
- Implement TS16949 and ISO14001 requirement in daily HR related operations.
- Responsible for some Admin issues.
- Must have obtained a degree in human resource management from a recognised university in the United Kingdom, Canada or Australia with references.
- Candidate must be at least 30 years of age with at least 5 years of working experience in human resource management.
- Must be able to write and communicate excellently in English and French.
- Our client is looking to move quickly on this role.This is a great opportunity to join an expanding well recognised international and governmental business.working closely with members of the senior management team.