Position: Research Assistant, health policy and systems research
Duration and type of contract: 12 months full time renewable
Location: Research for Development International head office, Yaoundé
Background:R4D International (R4DI) is a research foundation promoting evidence-based practices in health and development (www.r4dinternational.org). This organization is recruiting a research assistant to monitor R4DI ongoing research projects in health policy and health systems.
Overview of the role:
Under the direct supervision of the Technical Director of R4D International, the incumbent will:
- Reinforce and support current research activities in health policy and health systems;
- Assist in the development of new research lines and projects ;
- Contribute to proposal writing;
- Write articles and blog related to the field of health policy and systems research;
- Contribute to data management and data analysis;
- Supervise students internship;
- Execute tasks as required by the Technical Director of R4D International;
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Master's degree in public health/Social sciences or health related field;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in research in health policy and health systems;
- Strong skills in proposal writing;
- Availability to start work immediately;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and ideally, experience in writing research proposals, articles and blogs;
- Good command of French will be an asset;
- Experience in conducting research and data analysis is an asset.
How to Apply:
- Submit updated CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com latest January 25th,2016;
- Please note that this position may be filled before the deadline;
- Females candidacies are encouraged;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews and writing phases.
- An intellectually stimulating and socially committed research environment with room for personal initiative and career growth;
- A full time contract as a research assistant;
- A competitive pay package.