Visionary Technology™ Company Senior Web Developer
Prepared: 13th April 2015
Deadline: 20th April 2015
Located in Akwa Douala and reporting to the firm's chief operating officer and Chief Executive Officer, the Senior Web Developer is a full-time position that participates in all phases of the project lifecycle and consistently delivers business value to our clients. The Senior Web Developer advances best practices, and helps set direction for the technical aspects of our practice, specifically web and Drupal development. The ideal candidate has a passion for the web and higher education and is a champion for web technologies (websites, web applications, mobile apps, etc.).
- Collaborates effectively with creative team and web designers during the development process.
- Provides technical leadership and assumes overall accountability for a successful implementation phase on all client projects. Oversees employee, freelance web developers and partner web developers, ensures technical solutions are properly architected and specified, and reviews all code for quality assurance purposes.
- In partnership with technical leads, helps set direction for our technology practice.
- Leads and advances our growing Drupal practice.
- Responsible for various aspects of ongoing support and maintenance engagements. Partners with project managers and other web developers to successfully manage these client relationships.
Client Management Responsibilities:
- Understands each client's organizational goals and objectives.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Delivers training to client personnel of various skill levels and technical capabilities.
- Turns design and user interface mockups into functional websites powered by CMS.
- In a hands-on fashion, ensures all technology solutions are properly architected and specified.
- Ensures HTML/CSS is cross-browser and standards compliant and meets accessibility/disability requirements.
- Integrates websites with existing applications on intranet or third-party/open-source platforms.
- Delivers engaging, informative and well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to tactfully communicate difficult/sensitive information.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Elicits cooperation from a variety of sources including Visionary Technology™ Company management and client team members.
- Comfortable using teleconferencing and web-based technology to communicate with our clients.
- Helps team members progress toward their professional development goals.
- Defines and disseminates technology best practices.
- Ensures we are proactive in our pursuit of new solutions and innovation within our technology practice.
- Advances the firm's thought leadership, specifically around web technologies, via the Visionary Technology™ Company blog, social media outlets and industry events and conferences.
Requirements, Skills, Qualifications, and Assets:
- BSc in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 1 years of experience in web design or development services, ideally as a consultant or in a consulting company.
- Hardworking, honest, enthusiastic, and flexible; takes accountability seriously and possesses high integrity and professionalism.
- Proven ability to consistently deliver technology projects on time, on budget with high quality results and satisfied clients.
- Confident in consulting with clients on what it takes to be successful on the web.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects/clients simultaneously.
- Insanely curious and energetic about the future of the web.
- Proficient in joomla site development including custom module development contribution and core modules.
- Proficient in the maintenance and administration of Joomla!Modules and sites.
- Involvement in and contribution to the Joomla! Community ideally.
- Ability to work full time in our office in Akwa
- Familiar with each layer in the LAMP stack from application architecture and system infrastructure points of view; knowledgeable and experienced in PHP and MySQL programming.
- Comfortable integrating websites with other web applications and systems, both commercial and open source.
- Proficient in HTML/CSS, and client-side scripting libraries. Understands what it takes to develop pixel-perfect HTML that is cross-browser and standards compliant and meets accessibility/disability requirements.
- Very knowledgeable in the area of web content management systems; experience with multiple systems. I.e. Can develop professional web applications using any CMS and Ecommerce platforms including joomla!, WordPress, prestashop, magento etc.
- Understands web trends, including social media integration and the impact of the growth of mobile/tablet browsing.
- Versatile; comfortable performing a variety of roles and tasks within the company (examples include: development, technical leadership, training, requirements analysis).
- Strong written and oral communication skills to a variety of audiences at different levels and with different backgrounds.
- Demonstrates accountability; owns outcomes and results, prioritizes tasks, and consistently meets deadlines.
- Thrives on learning and learns quickly. Dedicated to self-improvement and professional development. Takes advantage of various resources to self-educate.
- Self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision. Equally skilled at working collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Curious and adept at researching project-related issues and challenges.
- Comfortable using Windows, Apple computer for all aspects of the position.
- Actively contributes ideas to professional communities via social media and other outlets. Examples include: blogging, tweeting, webinars, and conference presentations.
- Previous experience in consulting/professional services.
- Previous experience in higher education.
- Previous experience in website development or software development projects; familiarity with the software development lifecycle.
- Familiarity with software requirements analysis and IT project management best practices.
- Travel will be required for project intake meetings, client training sessions, internal company meetings, industry conferences and professional development activities.
- Estimate one trip per month on average, each lasting one to two days.
- 100,000 XAF–250,000 XAF in base salary depending on experience level( Portfolio of works), Skills, Quality and speed of delivering plus 10% bonus potential and exceptional benefits.
- Possibility of growth and part of executive of the Company.
- Opportunity to make a direct impact on our business and help our clients achieve success.
- Visionary Technology ™ Company is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
- Send your Professional CV( CV with Portfolio of past works with description of platforms, tools or languages used.) Screenshots or Links.
- Your CV should be in .pdf in it , a recent passport size photo of you, social media accounts etc.
- Letter of Motivation
- Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject:
- APPLY FOR https://docs.google.com/document/d/17Xj1l-RbBRwIj8gllsZ4H1GmsnvnWdZzRbU1vrN6y8c/edit?usp=sharing .
NOTE: Failure to comply to these instructions will automatically prevent from being called for interview. So please take time to.ThanksVTC HRMTel: 237 690.903.160 email: email@example.com
P.S: you can also share this with your friends, colleagues , mates on the social media or related platformsAbout Visionary Technology™ CompanyVisionary Technology™ Company is a registered web technologies company based in Douala that plans, analysis designs, develops and coordinates better web technology applications that help our clients create information, move information, manage information and share information about what they do or have to with their intended audience.We succeed by ascertaining that we exceed our client's expectations.Our strengths lie in the quality of our work and our people. We believe in skills not degrees. We provide an environment that encourages imagination and innovation among team members.Our Vision is to add clear Value to businesses, companies, organizations, institutions etc.Our mission is to build better Web technologies, to work with people, companies and organizations to create better ways to create information, move information, share information about what they do. We believe in an Internet of options, not rules. We strive to serve and satisfy our customers by enhancing the value of offered services and software thereby increasing benefits for all concerned.For us, “partnering is more than a business policy. We believe that it is the seed of a secure and bright future. Since relationship building is important to us we seek to provide customer satisfaction in terms of quality and cost effectiveness of our products and services. Our ideal team is made up of Strategists, writers, designers, project managers and technologists provide web-first communications and marketing consulting to educational institutions around the world. With offices in Akwa Douala Cameroon, we develop web solutions that help individuals, businesses, companies, organizations, corporations, institutions to create information, manage information and share information about what they do, sell or promote to their intended audience(clients, customers, donors, students, partners, etc.) .We provide our clients also with Creative Design and Internet Marketing(SEO, SEM, etc.) Service all in Full IT Consultancy Service.Based on those, we strategically analyze, plan, develop (design & program) and coordinate “better” web technologies (public-facing websites-apps, intranets, and portals.) Often, we configure and customize a content management system (CMS) to meet our client's needs while our long term project to develop from scratch our own custom content management that will be used only by our company. We are somewhat neutral when it comes to CMS—we most commonly work with Drupal, joomla, WordPress, prestashop, etc We also integrate other third-party tools such as calendar systems and social networking solutions. Where appropriate, we will build and integrate custom applications into client websites. We use content management system differently in that we customize it completely different and make it function and look beyond the normal. Our works speaks for itself.
Contact : 237690903160