The Territory Sales Executive will be responsible for managing and supporting the Company's third party retail stockists and wholesale distributors operating in designated geographic regions.
The main objective of the Territory Sales Executive is to develop an effective indirect distribution channel through nurturing successful relationships with strategic partners and ensuring peak availability and promotion of Company products through this channel at all times.
The incumbent will ensure and be accountable for the planning required to achieve the KPIs, standards and measures so as to meet the set goals of this channel.
The Territory Sales Executive is responsible for managing, supporting and ensuring the performance and maintenance of Company standards of wholesale distributors and retailers within their designated geographic territories through:
- Maintaining a permanent and close relationship with retail sales points through regular visits, update on new offers, coaching, and best practice sharing.
- Ensuring good identification and activation of new subscribers, as well as ensuring effective usage of products by customers.
- In accordance with the established Company processes and procedures, establishing and maintaining monthly and quarterly sales and performance targets with each retailer. Monitor retail sales points of assigned territory, to ensure their performance in connections, airtime and data sales against set targets, and agreeing any remedial action required, if any, to maximise performance.
- Creating new point of sales in assigned territory. Providing effective support to new stockists during their start-up period through to the delivery of sales direction and familiarisation with Company processes, and the ongoing continuous monitoring of performance and sales targets of same.
- Ensuring the implementation of Distribution routes and their assignment to Distribution Partners' salesmen.
- Ensuring stock availability as per set target at the retail sales point. Proficiently conducting ‘mystery shopper' inspections of retail points of sale to ensure the Company's products are adequately stocked, properly promoted and sold in accordance with Company standards and pre-determined guidelines.
- Ensuring brand visibility in all retail sales points.
- Organizing training sessions on new products and services for distributors and retailers.
- Continuously scanning the competitive marketplace to provide regular and accurate market intelligence to colleagues within the organisation on market and competition trends and activities.
- Providing precise, accurate, timely and regular field reports in accordance with established timelines and processes to facilitate the Company's response to current market and competitive conditions.
The successful candidate will hold a bachelor's degree in a business-related course with a good pass record and preferably a minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role in a Telecom or FMCG business with:
- Minimum of 2 years' proven experience in sales and distribution
- At least 2 years' experience in a supervisory / management position
- Demonstrable excellent people, motivation and team building skills
- Excellent written and oral English and French language skills and ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Prior experience working in telecommunications or FMCG in a fast-moving, rapidly evolving environment is desirable
- Proven high-level numerical and analysis skills
- Willingness to work long hours as and when required in accordance with business requirements
OTHER DESIRABLE TRAITS
- Self-motivated with the ability to successfully motivate and support others
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer service skills
- Fast learner, flexible, hardworking and dynamic
- Excellent at building contacts, networking and creating long-term relationships
Deadline: February 10th, 2016
Only selected applicant will be contacted: firstname.lastname@example.org