NewAge Cameroon Offshore Petroleum
Accounts Payable/ Treasury Accountant
JOB PURPOSE AND DELIVERABLES:
To ensure that all invoices received are processed, agreed to commitment documents, controlled and circulated for approval and paid consistent with Company procedures. Ensure all payments are made in compliance with all Cameroon Tax, PSC and Contract requirements (including Withholding, Payroll Taxes, VAT and any other type of tax payments).
- C&P and Materials Departments
- Operations teams
- Tax Authorities
- Management representatives of contractors and stakeholders involved in contract management
AREAS OF RESPONSBILITY:
- Review and control all invoices including verification against contract/agreement terms & conditions and PO/SO terms and conditions. Ensure all invoices are coded to reflect chart of accounts coding, concession and well code and paid in accordance with payment terms.
- Key in local and international invoices in EAM as vouchers (ERP system used in the company) to match-up to the PO/SO previously established by the procurement team and ensure they go through the various DOA approval levels.
- Prepare and key in all local and international payments in the local and foreign banking platforms and provide the relevant managers with invoices and supporting documents for release or approval in the system.
- Liaise with the local bank for payment of monthly WHT & payroll taxes and issue of Wire Transfer Attestation to be filed with the tax declarations to the tax office.
- Provide attestation of withholding tax at source for local vendors and any required withholding tax for International vendors. Coordinate with external consultants on preparation of withholding tax returns and filings.
- Act as first point of contact for all vendors
- Carry out monthly booking of bank, petty cash, accruals, recharge, etc. transactions in corresponding journals to be booked in SUN and control they pull through correctly by running the GL details.
- Run the Risk Assessment process to all new vendors and government officials that are invited to attend meetings with the company and ensure they are compliance cleared and approval is given to carrying on with per diem payment.
- Prepare monthly accrual estimates for work done and invoices received.
- Assist the JV/Cost Accountant in preparation of the monthly cash call and work with London office to ensure local Bank Accounts are properly funded.
- Prepare the Cash Forecast for the next month and medium term (3 to 6 months)
- Responsible for daily verification of all bank transactions, month end Bank Reconciliations and required supporting documentation in accordance with month-end deadlines.
- Responsible for daily, online verification of bank transactions and month end Bank Reconciliations.
- Assist for all tax compliances and payments including, WHT, Payroll taxes and any other type of tax payments
- Collect check requisitions, prepare petty cash requests, maintain petty cash registers and ensure adequate petty cash balances.
- Assist and liaise with finance management and all financial institutions.
- Maintain all vendor, invoice, checks and correspondence files.
- Degree in accounting and experience working with invoices, vendors, coding and accounting systems.
- Good working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office Applications, ERP accounting systems and experience working in this role for other large companies.
- Excellent communicator, good team player with ability to communicate at all levels.
- High standard of integrity
- Strong accounting background, attention to detail, knowledge of tax and banking regulations and financial reporting
- Previous oilfield experience preferred
- Excellent Microsoft office skills (Excel, word, Outlook)
- Previous experience with an ERP systems (EAM, SUN, SAP, JD Edwards, etc)
- Previous experience in designing and implementing internal processes and upgrading procedures
- High moral and ethical standards, good personality, costs consciousness and ability to work independently
- High standard of communication in English and French languages (both written and spoken).
Application procedure: please send resumes to email@example.com by December 06, 2017