Job Title: Administrative and Finance Assistant
Job Reference: AFA01/R4D/2016
Reporting to: Administrative and Finance Manager
Salary: Competitive with advantages
Terms: Permanent Full Time
Background of R4D International
Research for Development International (R4D International) is a research foundation promoting evidence-based practices in health and development (www.r4dinternational.org).
Purpose of job
To provide administrative and financial support duties to the organisation.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Carry out day to day recording of cash operations
- Inputting of transactions on QuickBooks Accounts
- Prepare the end of month accounts (reports)
- Assist in the preparation for the end of year audit.
- Run the Purchase Order system
- Administer the organisation's petty cash system using both Microsoft excel and QuickBooks accounts.
- Review staff request and give opinion before forwarding it for approval.
- Assist in budget preparation
- Prepare bank transfer orders and other bank documents for signatories and execution
- Obtain quotes for goods and services, including travel in accordance with financial procedures
- Scrutinise and check invoices for accuracy, check supplies and services have been received
- Manage Payroll
- Monitor and maintain staff mileage records using Microsoft excel
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the office of the Director.
- Attend and service staff meetings and take minutes and distribute after meetings along with any other relevant materials and to attend other meetings/events in a secretariat capacity as and when required.
- Establishing and maintaining computerised databases of the organisation's contacts, service providers and other relevant information as required.
- Organising travel and accommodation for the organisation's staff and visitors.
- Establishing and maintaining filing systems as appropriate in agreement with line manager.
- General administration/clerical support including photocopying, mail-outs, stationery and equipment supplies and filing.
- Maintaining the overall standard of the office space including liaising with cleaning services and keeping an equipment inventory of all capital, fixture and fittings.
- Assist and/or deputise on behalf of the Admin and Finance Manager with Health and Safety checks of the building.
- Assisting with the promotional activity of the organisation, including responding to information requests from the public and assisting with the co-ordination of events and conferences.
- Assist with the dissemination of information to staff and members e.g. updating R4D Website and Facebook page.
- Maintain office equipment and liaise with suppliers regarding maintenance and supplies.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Baccalaureate G2 with 5 years working experience Or
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration with 2 years working experience
- Essential and ACA or CPA or ACCA or any accounting diploma
- Have recent demonstrable experience (1 year within last 3 years) in a busy office setting
- Have recent demonstrable experience of petty cash handling or experience of entering financial data in spreadsheets.
- Ability to organise and prioritise work demands and meet deadlines
- Experience in minute taking at meetings
- Experience of using QuickBooks software
- Experience working with National and/or International NGOs
- Working with the Cameroon Taxation system
- Good skills in using QuickBooks software
Skills and Knowledge
- Mastery of the OHADA accounting principles and its application
- Ability to communicate clearly, orally and in writing. English and French will be an advantage
- High level of IT literacy with regard to use of MS Office (outlook, word, excel, access and internet)
- Display an organised and methodical approach to work especially a care for accuracy, detail and presentation
- Ability to establish and maintain information databases (electronic and paper based)
- Application of OHADA accounting principles
- Self-motivated, personal initiative and flexible.
How to apply:
Submit your updated CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com latest August 30th, 2016. The position you are applying for should be indicated in subject line of the email with the job reference number.
Please note that this position may be filled before the deadline.
Females candidacies are encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.