NASCENT SOLUTIONS INC.
Position: Administrative Assistant
Location: Yaoundé Cameroon
Reports to: Country Director
Nascents Solutions is a humanitarian development organization dedicated to building capacity for vulnerable people especially women and youth to live self-fulfilling lives. We are seeking qualified who will provide quality administrative services to facilitate the implementation of the McGovern-Dole International Food for Education and Child Nutrition Program in Bui Division. The administrative assistant will support the Country Director and Country Finance Manager in day to day office mangement for effective and efficient achievement of results.
- Ensure effective implementation of office procedures and guidelines to ensure smooth and efficient business operations.
- Assist the Country Finance Manager in daily financial transactions in compliance with NSI and donor policies.
- Manage procurements in compliance with existing policies.
- Handle incoming correspondence and internal and external queries; draft and handle routine correspondence.
- Plan and manage support services and resources to meet the needs of the programs.
- Serve as the first point of contact for fuman resources transactions and administration in consultation with the Country Director.
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Business/Office Administration or related field
- Minimum 2 years of previous work experience in secretarial and office administration duties
- Be bilingual(English and French) and possess good writing and reporting skills in both languages.
- Experience in the NGO sector, preferably USDA/USAID funded programs would be and added advantage.
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to possess, handle and communicate matters of a sensitive and confidential nature, ability to deal effectively with staff, clients and external contacts at all levels.
- High degree of professionalism, initiative, resourcesfulness, independence, reliability, adaptability, motivation, judgment, and flexibility.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent work relations in a team environment.
- Proven skills in delivering work through efficient and effective planning and administration, including demonstrated administrative abilities, organisation, problem-solving, personnel management, analysis and decision making.
- Ability to handle concurrent activities, prioritize work, and work well under pressure.
- Strong verbal and written communications and ICT skills.
- Abilitiy to use basic office equipment such as photocopiers, printers, scanners, etc.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates are advised to send their resume and a cover letter (in PDF) firstname.lastname@example.org latest May 5, 2016.
Only selected candidates will be notified.
We do not accept phone calls or follow-up emails.