Administrative Assistant (AA)
Job Reference: AA001/CRENC-IeDEA/08-2017
Salary: Competitive with advantages
Terms: Permanent Full Time
Closing Date: 25 August 2017
Liaises With: All project staff at the head office and project sites.
Clinical Research Education, Networking and Consultancy (CRENC) is a Cameroon based research foundation with commitment to clinical research excellence through the quest of novelty and collaboration (www.crenc.org).
Purpose of job
The AA will work towards the achievement of the Foundation's goals efficiently and effectively. This position will be responsible for ensuring that all administrative activities for the Foundation are done in compliance with Foundation rules and regulations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Administrative Assistant (AA) will conduct assigned activities to support the establishment and maintenance of a functioning office as required by CRENC. The AA will be responsible for ensuring that all administrative activities for the Foundation's office are timely and in compliance with Foundation rules and regulations.
- Supports in organizing high-level meetings to include liaison with security, Cameroon law, protocol, conference management and catering.
- Processes travel requests, expense claims, visa applications and security clearances.
- Co-ordinates physical space planning including office relocation and monitoring requirements for office supplies, equipment and furniture.
- Co-ordinates all translation requirements for the team.
- Co-ordinates all matters related to Video teleconferencing and Audio Bridges.
- Processes all incoming and outgoing correspondence, including highly confidential documents and maintains files and records (both paper and electronic).
- Ensures smooth and efficient information flow within the office; prepares and processes confidential information.
- Carries out quality control function for outgoing documents; proofreads and edits texts for adherence for format, grammar, punctuation and style.
- Assists in the preparation of presentation materials for the team as required, using appropriate technology/software.
- Liaises with suppliers to ensure timely servicing of computers, telephones copiers and fax machine including identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems.
- Advises and makes arrangements for ordering, delivery of office supplies and equipment.
- Monitors the use of telephone facilities by staff members, consultants and interns and submits reports to finance for collection of payments related to private calls.
- Arranges with the identification unit accreditation for staff and meeting participants;
- Attends meetings, prepares minutes, and monitors follow-up activities.
- Responds or drafts responses to a wide range of correspondence and other communications.
Human Resources Management
- Enters and maintains administrative data and records for time and attendance.
- Provides advice and guidance to staff with respect to administrative procedures, processes and practices, liaising with central administrative services as necessary.
- Prepares required documentation for payment of consultants.
- Liaises with Embassies and Consulates to make necessary arrangements for the issuance of visas for official missions.
- Liaises with Protocol unit for high-level transport arrangements and space allocation.
Contributes to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Office by providing administrative support and specialized assistance to more senior staff in the assigned areas of responsibility.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Ability to perform a broad range of administrative functions, e.g., Ability to apply knowledge of various administrative rules and regulations in work situations. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
- COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Have at least a Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent.
- At least 2 years of experience in administrative services, human resources, or related area.
- English and French are the working languages of CRENC. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of French language is an advantage.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
- CRENC shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its head office and projects sites. CRENC is a non-smoking environment.
CRENC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, TRAINING OR ANY OTHER FEES). CRENC DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
How to Apply: CV's should be no more than 4 pages
Submit your updated CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com latest August 25th, 2017. The position you are applying for should be indicated in subject line of the email with the job reference number.
Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short listed on rolling basis and the post may be filled before the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.