ELIZABETH GLASER PEDIATRIC AIDS FOUNDATION
Human Resources Assistant
Job title: Human Resources Assistant
Location: Cameroon Yaounde
Job grade: Grade 3
Primary Manager: Operations Manager
The Human Resources Assistant reports to the Operations Manager and provides specialized or general support in the day-to-day management and administration of the human resources function. While the focus is typically on HR administration & compliance, the position may also support other functional areas such as recruitment, staff orientation, training & development, employee relations, compensation & benefits, and performance management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support recruitment processes, including developing and posting vacancy announcements, tracking and reporting on recruitment processes, screening and short-listing applications, preparing interview schedules, and assisting with back ground screening and reference checks for final job candidates.
- Administer HR policies, including employee terms & conditions of service, salaries and benefits, employment contracts, leave records etc. Administer the organization medical scheme and pension / provident fund.
- Ensure complete and up-to-date employment documentation and confidential handling of employee information. Ensure all required employee documentation is obtained, correctly filed, and updated as necessary. Ensure all employees are in receipt of critical HR documents, including a current contract, employee handbook, and job description.
- Prepare offer letters and employee contracts for new employees, and track contract expiry dates for renewal. Ensure any changes in an employee's status are adequately documented.
- Support the orientation and on-boarding of new employees, including preparing an orientation schedule and welcome package, orienting staff regarding employment conditions, registering staff for benefits schemes, and ensuring new staff have appropriate work space and resources.
- Interface with the payroll administrator to ensure employee salary and benefits are correctly computed, and that payroll is promptly informed of any changes affecting the employee's employment conditions.
- Oversee the management and general administration of employee leave and other leave related processes.
- Prepare and update the human resources data base, and update the organization chart on a monthly basis and circulate to employees.
- Prepare and submit HR reports to international HR and ensure that these are accurate and submitted on a timely basis.
- Assist with employee safety, welfare and wellness programs, and support internal communications and staff training & development needs.
- Monitor the performance management system and ensure that key dates and deadlines are met.
- Ensure proper planning and preparation in respect of departing staff, including fulfillment of all handover responsibilities, correct payment of terminal dues, exit interviews etc.
- Ensure compliance with all internal policies and procedures as well as external regulatory concerns and applicable labour laws.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree, diploma or professional certification in human resource management, business, organizational development or a related field.
- 2-3 years previous human resource management experience at assistant or officer level.
- Experience gained in international non-profit sector preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and active listening skills.
- Understanding of the sensitivity and confidentiality of the HR function.
- Strong inter-personal and team building skills.
- Ability to manage a large and variable work load, ensuring timely and accurate completion of assigned work.
- Excellent skills in data bases, word processing, spreadsheets.
- Detail oriented and with special attention to accuracy.
- Well organized, self guided and motivated to produce quality work.
- Integrity, objectivity, and the ability to gain the trust and respect of peers
- Fluency in English and French.
Please visit our website and refer to the position title and requisition number (HR 04/06/003): http://www.pedaids.org/pages/careers
Please copy your application submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for submitting applications is 8 May 2016