Information Technology Specialist (ITS)
Job Reference: ITS001/CRENC-IeDEA/07-2017
Reporting to: Principal Investigator / Executive Director and other Hierarchies
Salary: Competitive with advantages
Terms: Permanent Full Time
Closing Date: 29 July 2017
Responsibilities: The Information Technology Specialist position installs, modifies and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical advice and support to system users.
Liaises With: Principal Investigator; Funder/Partners IT Department; Director of Administration and Finance, Programs Director; Project Manager; Systems Director and CRENC programme teams.
Clinical Research Education, Networking and Consultancy (CRENC) is a Cameroon based research foundation with commitment to clinical research excellence through the quest of novelty and collaboration (www.crenc.org ).
Purpose of job
To provide Information Technology and network support duties to the foundation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1- Coordination and strategic planning
- Liaising and meeting with external suppliers of IT services;
- Developing situational tool for site assessment for an eventual enrollment at project sites;
- Liaising with the finance team to acquire IT equipment and software in line within agreed budgets;
- Ensure fast and accurate troubleshooting of reported faults;
- Lead the installation process, ensure rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, data and network services;
- Generating clear documents on support incidents;
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures;
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Participate in preparing an annual budget
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; establishing professional networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards;
2- Network and Internet Administration
- Setup the office network including office computers, Internet Router, and security devices for data
- Monitor the network infrastructure at the central office;
- Ensure the availability of Internet for regular use and also for teleconference with partners
- Installs, configure, administrate and secure local network (wired, wireless) and Internet at site's level;
- Maintain Network Infrastructure over LAN & WAN;
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, servers and network issues;
- Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users;
3- Maintenance and Security
- Maintain an updated inventory list of all hardware equipment;
- Diagnose and analyzed issues related to operating systems
- Handle the tasks of taking corrective action to improve the performance of the network
- Handle the tasks of providing technical support to computers
- Repair and installed software equipment
- Support users in Computer Software and Hardware Troubleshoot
- Perform necessary maintenance to hardware.
- Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades.
- Remote assistance to system users using Team Viewer, RDP protocol.
- Maintaining up to date Antivirus levels on all machines company wide.
- Providing maintenance support and break-fix solutions.
4- System Administration
- Installation and administration of the EMRS REDCap;
- Server administration and security and Monitoring server's activities;
- Creating Updating and monitoring the user accounts;
- Configuring site's computers;
- Ensure the security for the electronic data transfer from the local server to the cloud server;
- Managing and monitoring of backups (daily) in multiple locations;
- Maintenance & management of the Critical Windows based Server Environment;
- Supporting a multi-site Information Technology Infrastructure
5- Data Management and Security
- Follow documented processes i.e. implementing change control procedures.
- Producing reports for the Project coordinator and Principal Investigator.
- Responsible for Training and building Capacity of site's staff on the EMRS REDCap System and Computer use
- Providing technical support via helpdesk systems for a wide range of internal & external applications
- Support the Data quality officer;
- Guarantee the integrity and availability of data ;
- Provide performance statistics of site's staff on data entry and data quality;
Your skills and experience will include:
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology with at least 2 years working experience or HND in IT with at least 3 years working experience
- Sound experience in IT management including knowledge in Network management.
- Experience in team building and supervision of staff.
- Experience in dealing with local authorities, national and international NGO's /UN bodies.
- Experience in security management.
- Good command of English and French.
- Previous experience working as IT Specialist in health research projects.
- English language skills.
We would also like:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to act as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate
- Ability to represent the organization
- Ability to cope with stress, work under pressure often to strict deadlines
- Flexibility, adaptability, sense of humour, and patience
- Ability to motivate and develop skills of others
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to assess problems and recommend solutions
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences
How to Apply: CV's should be no more than 4 pages.
Submit your updated CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org latest July 29th, 2017. The position you are applying for should be indicated in subject line of the email with the job reference number.
Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short listed on rolling basis and the post may be filled before the closing date.
Female candidates are encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.