A micro-finance institution with a strong growth potential, based in Douala-Cameroon, requires the services of suitably qualified, competent and motived candidates for the following positions:
POSTION 2: INTERNAL CONTROLLER
Reports to the Board of Directors
- The Internal Controller oversees the overall financial health of the institution.
- To review business processes and provide assurance that risks are mitigated and that corporate governance is strong and effective.
- To ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Develop policies and procedures, ensure their implementation and monitor compliance
- Develop and implement risk management matrix
- Work with management to establish annual audit plan
- Implement the approved Audit Plan within specified deadlines
- Provide ongoing monitoring, assessment and analysis of financial risk and controls
- Review compliance with applicable Laws, regulations and standards
- Review compliance with Policies, Procedures and business ethics
- Review business operation efficiency/effectiveness and information reliability/integrity
- Review financial activities and advise management on desired adjustments to minimize risk
- Auditing of Income, Expenses, Assets, Stocks and other accounting records
- Verification of bank accounts and reconciliation
- Make recommendations for improvements where necessary
- Work with Supervisory Board and External Auditors
- Present regular audit reports to the BoD and during AGM
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Board of Directors
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Candidates should have at least a Master Degree or equivalent (BACC+5 years) in Marketing, Sales, Banking, and Finance, Accountancy, Management or related discipline. A Bachelor Degree plus professional certifications such as IIA, CIA will also be considered. Experience in Management, Legal Compliance, Accounting or Auditing will be an added advantage.
Be bilingual in French and English. Demonstrated computer skills using office applications. Strong analytical and communication skills. Quest for learning Critical thinking.
VALUES: Honesty, integrity, professionalism, discipline and teamwork. Positive and proactive attitude.
AGE LIMIT: not more than 40 years old.
APPLICATION: Complete applications consisting of motivation letter, CV, references, copies of certificates and other relevant information.
Interested candidates should forward their applications by email to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, 9th December 2016 at the latest