NewAge Cameroon Offshore Petroleum
Customs, Freight and Logistics Officer
JOB PURPOSE AND DELIVERABLES:
- Responsible for ensuring that all purchases are properly documented, materials are moved timely and with the proper supporting documents, all imports and exports and customs interfaces of goods and materials for company operations are transacted in accordance with all relevant law and regulations and materials are delivered and received to the desired location in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with clearing agents to ensure all materials clear Customs in a timely manner and are moved into the company's controlled facilities.
- Maintain all documentation in a controlled manner to support any review by auditors, Customs or other Government agencies.
- Operations Manager, Finance Manager, Base manager, Materials Controller, Contracts Advisor
- Freight Forwarding company
- Customs, tax and other relevant authorities
AREAS OF RESPONSBILITY:
- Primary responsibility for all Freight Forwarding, Materials Tracking/Logistics and Customs Administration
- Co-ordination with Customs authorities and shipping agents to clear all imports and exports
- Maintain updated tracking sheet of all Import/Export movements
- Be the focal point during customs audit and provide all relevant backing documents required to diligently complete the audit as well as liaising with the clearing agent for any support
- Address official correspondences to the Customs authority to communicate on ongoing import/export transactions or any issue encountered in the course of customs operations
- Coordination with the warehouse and yard to ensure materials are received and recorded in a timely manner
- Conduct periodic internal reviews and maintain registers to ensure that compliance procedures are followed in terms of supplementary or transfer declarations, physical inventories, disposal and other customs requirements.
- Design or implement improvements in communication with authorities, monitoring or enforcement of compliance standards.
- Examine all incoming invoices and shipping documents for conformity to the tariff booklet, price lists and contracts, as applicable, in the industry and customs regulations.
- Prepare the company procedures and guidelines for customs, SGS inspection requirement and import/export movements.
- Collaborate closely Procurement, Warehouse and Operations Departments to ensure all materials are tracked from purchase to delivery and objectives are met within deadlines and costs requirements.
- Serve as critical interface between Finance, Procurement and Materials
- Assist the Materials Controller with materials planning and handling
- Graduate Degree qualification (law, economics, engineering, finance preferred)
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role for an E&P operator or an oilfield equipment service provider or Equivalent with a Freight Forwarding Co or within another industry.
- Excellent working knowledge of the CEMAC Customs Code, the petroleum code, the tariff booklet and any other text applicable to E&P operations in Cameroon
- Previous training on DOT/hazardous materials or well samples transportation, and some knowledge of HSE requirements for the E&P industry would be an advantage (though not critical).
- Thorough knowledge of Procurement, Logistics and customs regulations in Cameroon and their application to the business and operations conducted under the Company's Production Sharing Contracts (PSCs).
- Possess a thorough understanding and command of the CEMAC customs code, the Petroleum code of the republic of Cameroon and any other requirements governing Oil & Gas operations in the country.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills (Excel, word, Outlook)
- Previous experience with an ERP system for Inventory and Logistics would be advantageous
- Previous experience in designing, documenting, implementing and improving internal processes
- High moral and ethical standards, good personality, costs consciousness and ability to work independently
- High standard of communication in English and French languages (both written and spoken).
- Excellent network with relevant authorities
Application procedure: please send your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org latest 06 December, 2017