Our client, an international company specialized in the medical nutrition is looking for a SALES MANAGER to join its newly created WBU Africa, in Cameroon.
Reporting to the Country Manager, you will handle the following responsibilities:
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
- Playing an integral role in new business pitches and hold responsibility for the effective on-boarding of new clients.
- Responsible for the development and achievement of sales through the direct sales channel.
- Focusing on growing and developing existing clients, together with generating new business.
- Write business plans for all current and opportunity tender business.
- Act as the key interface between the customer and all relevant divisions.
- Responsible for the annual negociations (trade terms, counter parts…)
- Distributor follow up (cash management, payment overdues, BP animation….)
- Projecting expected results in terms of sales for the routes. For example, production personnel may need an expected sales level from the supervisors for a special promotion.
- Project the relationship with each distributor to a Y+2 horizon
SALES FORCE ANIMATION
- Encourage people to achieve their goals. For instance, in a sales meeting recognizing those people who met their objectives
- Orchestrating the efforts of route personnel to assure the achievement of objectives. For example, to successfully execute a promotion supervisors will need to insure that the pre-sellers have sold the program into accounts prior to its kick-off, that adequate inventory is on hand and that point of sale is made available.
- Manage meeting with the team for building the action plan
- Setting goals and time frames for their achievement. For example, establishing monthly sales objectives for the top 20 products for each route and the supervisors sales area.
- Prepare plans and schedules for route personnel to achieve their goals. For example, working with a pre-seller to revise their master route to accommodate new accounts.
- Developing criteria to measure route performance versus their goal. For example, establishing target levels of penetration by channel for each rout
- Having discussions with individuals to assist them with work related problems. For example, while on route providing input as to their planning and time management.
ROUTE TO MARKET / SALES DEVELOPMENT
- Responsible for the service package of the zone translating the CANN into simple kpi's
- Challenge the route to market model on a yearly basis
- Establish the route for an efficient route to market coverage
- Ensure the route optimization
- In charge of the shopper activation
- Responsible for the merchandising strategy adapted to the country specificities.
- Education : BSC Degree (Bachelor of science) in Sales
- Minimum 3 years successful experience in sales rep / 3 year in supervisor / 2 year transversal animation
- Experience in the FMCG/ pharmaceutical industry will be preferable
- Language : French & English fluent
- Goal Orientated
- Communication skills