Reporting Relationships: The Procurement Officer reports to the Associate Director of Operations
Under direct supervision of the ADO, the person will support all procurement activities for EGPAF Cameroon, and ensure that they are in compliance with EGPAF Policies and procedures, Government laws and Donor Rules and Regulations. This position will support the primary EGPAF Cameroon office in Yaoundé, as well as four (4) sites in Limbe, Douala, Bamenda, and Yaoundé.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete procurement activities for the EGPAF Cameroon program, to include preparation of tenders for goods and services, sourcing and evaluation of vendor proposals, and preparation of Contracts, Purchase Orders, Leases, and Consulting Contracts.
- Maintain complete and compliant procurement files
- Maintain office inventory; prepare inventory reports as required
- Work with members of the EGPAF Cameroon team to develop, maintain and monitor an office procurement plan.
- Assist with quality and quantity control of procured goods and services
- Participate in the identification of suppliers for the procurement of goods and services
- Participate in the development, improvement, and standardization of procurement systems within the EGPAF Cameroon Office.
- Perform other related duties and activities upon request
Required Qualifications and Key Competencies:
- Degree in Procurement and Logistics or other applicable discipline
- Minimum 2– 3 years of experience directly supporting/managing Procurement in an INGO environment
- Working knowledge and understanding of US Government procurement policies and procedures relevant to procurement. Preference for experience with Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills in English and French
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize and multi-task while working as part of a team
- Possess strong accuracy, attention to detail and ability to follow through
- Computer literate, with strong knowledge of, and experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Honest, energetic, independent, self-motivated and administratively self-sufficient
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and sound judgment.
Employee Status: Full Time Employee
As a core value to help achieve our mission, the Foundation embraces a culture of honesty, integrity, and ethical business practices and expects its business partners to do the same. Specifically, our procurement processes are fair and open and allow all vendors/consultants equal opportunity to win our business. We will not tolerate fraud or corruption, including kickbacks, bribes, undisclosed familial or close personal relationships between vendors and Foundation employees, or other unethical practices.
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and CV to CameroonRecruitment@pedaids.org. The subject should read Procurement Officer.
Deadline for applications: May 5, 2017.
PLEASE Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.