Position: M & E Officer
Location:Yaounde /Bertoua – Cameroon
Reporting: Project Manager
Nascent Solutions, Inc. (Nascent) is an international humanitarian and development non-profit organization founded in 2004. The mission of the organization is to build capacity for vulnerable people, especially women and youth in rural Africa for self-sufficiency.
Nascent Solutions is currently seeking a suitably qualified Monitoring and Evaluation specialist to support the implementation of a UNHCR funded program designed to build the capacity of refugee and host communities to prevent gender based violence among CAR refugee settlements in the Adamaoua and East Regions of Cameroon. The M & E officer is responsible for establishing appropriate tools and methods for monitoring, measuring and reporting the achievements of the project.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Work with program staff to develop data collection tools for all project activities
- Establish a management system to facilitate data collection, analysis and reporting
- Ensure data collection process is functioning in all activity locations to provide accurate and timely data.
- Work with program staff and/or consultants to carry out studies as needed
- Identify and train project stakeholders on data collection techniques and results reporting
- Conduct regular visits to project locations and provide technical assistance and ensure proper monitoring of project activities
- Produce M&E reports and review reports as scheduled
- Prepare and follow up periodic data collection plans for project assistants, to permit timely data analysis for project impact/evaluation purposes
- Advanced degree in Monitoring and evaluations and Statistics or relevant field
- At least three (3) years of experience in project monitoring and evaluation
- Experience with international NGOs and and other development organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in English and French
- Team Player
- Excellent organizational
Interested candidates should send a detailed resume and a cover letter to email@example.com by November 30, 2013.
Nascent Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally-protected characteristic.