National Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist
Job Posting: 01/Apr/2019
Closure Date: 15/Apr/2019, 10:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FAO Cameroon
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Cameroon-Yaounde
Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds
Post Number: N/A
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The Liaison and Partnership Office of FAO Cameroon, is in charge of elaborating, promoting, supervising and executing agreed upon strategies to attain prioritised objectives in matters of food, nutrition, agriculture, and rural development.The tasks envisaged for this consultancy are to be carried out through the FAO Cameroon, which is currently implementing a number of projects in various regions across Cameroon.
The National Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will work under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative (FAO-R) inCameroon, the direct supervision of the technical team.
The incumbent will support the FAO Cameroon Programme as far as M&E is concerned; M&E activities in the country, from ensuring integration of M&E in project design and implementation to results analysis and reporting
Tasks and responsibilities
- The incumbent will undertake the following specific duties and responsibilities:
- Collect and assure the quality of information required for reporting on project and programme-level indicators
- Liaise with/backstopping of technical officers concerning M&E information provision and validation
- Retrieve the required supporting documentation (means of verification) for the reported information
- Enter information in the prescribed formats
- Generate M&E and narrative reports in prescribed formats
- Ensure dissemination of learning materials to the country team to support corrective feedback
- Contribute to the design and implementation of evaluation studies
- Support M&E meetings, training activities and learning events as required
- Develop M&E project frameworks and monitoring plans (PMPs) for projects at national level;
- Contribute to the development of project concept notes (CNs), proposals, detail implementation plans (DIPs)
Contribute to the preparation of progress and final project reports
- Provide technical support to various projects and ensure the inclusion of related indicators;
- Collaborate in the development of surveys and M&E training tools and materials ;
- Supports the identification, formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects
- Perform other related duties.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree with postgraduate qualification in social sciences, statistics, research methods, anthropology and/or related fields.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in M&E functions preferably in the agriculture/livestock domains or health related fields with proven experience in data collection and management and research study design.
- Proficiency in English language.
- Experience in international institution, NGOs, etc. is an advantage.
- National of Cameroon.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Excellent mastery of MS Excel and/or Access, statistical software packages such as SPSS, SAS, etc
- Good analytical skills with strong orientation to details
- Work experience in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary setting
- Experience in project development, project report writing and data analysis
Tangible objectives to be achieved by the NPP, and Key Performance Indicators
- Information required for reporting on project and programme-level indicators collected and quality assurance provided
- Data collection and reporting formats developed and regularly revised
- Technical officers oriented on the M&E requirements and enabled to contribute to the M&E activities in all stages (design, implementation, etc.)
- Supporting documentation (means of verification) collected as per the prescribed formats
- M&E analytics and narrative reports generated in prescribed formats on time
- Data management systems maintained and up to date per prescribed standards
- M&E events supported
- National level M&E project frameworks and PMPs developed
- M&E inputs included in the proposals, reports, etc.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT