National Zootechnician “Specialist in Livestock Production
: 01/Apr/2019, 10:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FAO CAMEROON
: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level: N/A
Duration: 6 Months
Post Number: n/aCCOG Code: N/A
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The Liaison and Partnership Office of FAO Cameroon, is in charge of elaborating, promoting, supervising and executing agreed upon strategies to attain prioritised objectives in matters of food, nutrition, agriculture, and rural development
The Expert Livestock Production to the project will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Cameroon and technical guidance of the Emergency Coordinator and the Lead technical Officer. He/She will work in close collaboration with the programme unit and stakeholders involved in the project.
Provide Technical expertise and support to the project planning, implementation, operations and performance monitoring for the project.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Contribute to the identification of beneficiaries;
- Monitor the implementation of the LoA by the partner NGO
- Contribute to the capacity building of the MINEPIA breeding technicians in the monitoring of the farms;
- Ensure the installation of the units;
- Prepare technical specifications for livestock units and follow up their construction
- Assist Administration in the procurement of Inputs and distribution
- Follow up performance of livestock units after they have been set up
- Follow up Post distribution monitoring exercise
- Ensure the monitoring of the project;
- Produce a mission report;
- Prepare project reports
- Perform any other function assigned
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING Minimum Requirements
- Advanced university degree/ University degree/technical diploma in zootechnician engineer or veterinary doctor;
- Have at least 2 years of experience in animal production and animal health activities, especially on poultry;
- Working knowledge of English and French;
- National of Cameroon or resident in the country.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience in planning, executing and coordinating Project and Program activities;
- Knowledge of the project area would be an asset;
- Flexible, able to work in a team in a multicultural environment and under pressure;
- Demonstrate good organizational quality, rigor and justify good moral qualities.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and excellent writing skills;
- Excellent command of the Windows operating system and MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Previous work experience in an emergency project would be highly appreciated
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
• FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
• Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
• Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
• Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
• For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
• For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT