Plan Cameroon is an international Child Centered community Development Organization with no religious, political or governmental afficialtion working in Cameroon since 1996, We promote equal opportunity employment and pay special consideration to female candidates. Plan is a Children's organization with primary concerns on children rights, safety and well-being and has in its interest to create safe environments for children with more attention paid to child protection. All employees are therefore expected to comply with our Child protection policy.We are therefore seeking to recruit an enthusiastic development oriented and hard working Cameroonians to fulfill the tasks below:
Title: One(01) Internal Controller Junior
Duration: 01 year renewable
Duty Station: Yaoundé with the possibility to be transferred anywhere in Cameroon.
- Key End Results of the Position:
Under the supervision of the Internal Controller, the Internal Controller Junior will among many other tasks:
- Develop individual work plans to carry out internal control activities
- Assure management of compliance to Plan policies and procedures by regularly reporting
- Investigate any cases of fraud in Plan operations
- Test internal control system in place for robustness
- Review partners(councils/LNGOs) activities(deliverables, reporting) in relations to MoU/Funding Agreements signed with Plan
- Yearly inventory of Plan assets
- Review of procurement process
- Review of approved suppliers' list
- Review of fleet management
- Review of contracts, MoUs, funding agreements in conformity with approved procedures, laws.
- Review of yearly budget through monthly budget versus actual
- Quarterly review of advances and their liquidation in GL software
- Prepare the ToR for external audit
- Quarterly review of financial vouchers and journals,
- Monthly review of bank reconciliations and financial reports
- Control of sponsorship communication-test of differents types of communications
- Review of NOIs
- Quarterly physical verification of at least five(5) sponsored child in each Program Unit
- Contribute in the risks identification of each departement in particular and Plan Cameroon in general.
- Ensure follow up of risks identified by producing quarterly report on risk management
- Participate in departemental meetings
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours Required to Achieve Role's Objectives:
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in auditing/Accounting/Finance/Management/ACCA or equivalent
- At least 05 years working experience in internal control, auditing, finance/administration.
- Appropriate experience of Plan's program approach and delivery will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge in human right based approach to development, gender matters and CRC
- Demonstrate experience in developing strategies and designing programmes
- Demonstrate ability to assess best practice, document and disseminate lessons.
- Ability to network at high levels.
- Knowleadge: his/her understanding of financial and administrative procedures should be current and accurate.
- Excellent understanding of , and written and oral communication skills in, English and French.
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, database, web-based system.
- Self-motivated and able to work to tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Robust analytical skills and the ability to work with tact, sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change.
- Demonstrates an innovative and creative approach to problem-solving, multiple commitments and the promotion of learning.
- Demonstrates an ability to understand and put into practice control standards and requirements
Motivates others through personal example.
- Character: Fair, intelligent, tenacious, logical, sensitive, analytical, calm, respectful, trustworthy and open-minded.
- Responsibilities: Communicate and explain, plan; perform and report the results, keep confidentiality, ensure cooperation within and support of the team physical environment and demands.
Typical office environment.
Travel requirementsThis position requires much travelling(80%) to be done like travelling to the program units and this is more demanding when travelling to the northern regions of the country by train/bus. The North regions have extreme hot and humid climate.Application procedureAll applicationns should include:
- Cover letter;
- Comprehensive CV;
Interested applicants should submit their applications no later than July 20, 2014at 17 o'clock preferably in soft copies and by e-mail to the address: Plan-Cameroon.firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject title: Application for Internal Controller Junior.Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. The candidate finally selected should comply with the Child Protection Policy applied in the Organization.
NB: No application shall be admitted after the closing hour mentioned above