HIRING OF CONSULTANT HEALTH ADVISORPlan Cameroon is an international Child Centered Community Development Organization with no religious, political or governmental affiliation working in Cameroon since 1996. We promote equal opportunity employment and pay special consideration to female candidates.Plan is a children's organization with primary concerns on children rights, safety and well being and has in its interest to create safe environments for children with more attention paid to child protection. All employees or partners are therefore expected to comply with our Child protection policy.Plan Cameroon is looking for a Consultant to be the Health Advisor.
The consultant will be based at the Country-Office in Yaoundé with frequent field visits in Plan operations areas namely the following regions, Adamawa, Bamenda, Centre, East, North, and Far North. Activities might lead to visit/missions in the other four regions of Cameroon: Littoral, West, South, South-West.The Consultancy contract is for six(06) months.
Purpose of the role:
The consultant health Advisor provides technical support and guidance to Plan management, partners at country and field levels, and ensure alignment of activities with the Country Strategic Plan(CSP); Country Programme(CP), and government strategic directions/policies towards reducing child poverty in health. She/he is guided by related Plan's Global policy and strategies such as Plan's Global Programme Guide, Plan's Global Child Protection Policy, Gender Equality Protocol and Plan West and Central Africa Office(WARO) thematic framework of Healthy Start in Life.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- In consultation with the Program team, review the health program and make suggestions for its improvement where relevant;
- In collaboration with Programme Units Managers(PUMs) prepare child survival section of Programme Unit Long-term Plan(PULTP) and annual plans for development of quality planning documents;
- Provide interpretation of Government policies and strategies related to health domain in the context of Child Centred Community Development(CCCD) and gender equality, and in life with trends in the operating environment in order to support Plan and partners to take informed decisions;
- anticipation in the monitoring of projects and programmes to ensure high quality delivery of activities and identified gaps in the frontline staff knowledge and skills in management the projects; and train them accordingly;
- Collaboration with Plan Cameroon sponsorship staff to assist in the health matters of sponsored children;
- Supporting the PSM(Program Support Manager) in all matters concerning health domain so that strategic decisions are well documented;
- Make regular field visits to compare and report on consistency between actual implementation process and established/agreed implementation guidelines for all health related projects and programmes and provide clear advice to address gaps. The visits will also help to observe trends progress towards the achievement of Programme goal and objectives;
- Representation of Plan Cameroon in all relevant fora and be fully acquainted with Government policies in the health sector so that to be informed at real time to ensure that Plan Camerooon remains continuously informed of health related matters;
- An up-to-date collection and dissemination of health statistics on corporate and universal development indicators relating to the health domain;
- Collaborate with the Program Team to develop proposals for resources mobilizations in the health domains;
- Ensure quality implementation of the health program(including grant projects), its monitoring and evaluation;
- Ensure timely preparation/review of grant reports relating to health domains;
- Ensure best practices in health domain are shared with Plan staff, Plan partners and contribute to build their capacity in health domain.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master degree or minimum of Diploma in Public Health or health in general(MSc, MPh);
- At least 5 years relevant experience;
- Experience in the NGO sector preferably with child-related development issues.
- Skills and Behaviours:
- High awareness of key health issues and important forthcoming events in health area;
- Highly effective networking and inter-personal skills;
- commitment to child rights and gender equality;
- Good knowledge of computer skills(Microsoft Office);
- Excellent writing and reporting skills;
- Have a good command of English and French(spoken and written)
- High sense of responsibility;
- Strong team player;
- Demonstrate experience in developing strategies and designing programmes;
- Excellent planning and organizational abilities;
- Good supervisory and listening abilities;
- Ability to inter-face with all levels of management of field staff;
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
Applications procedure:All applications should include:
- Cover letter;
- Comprehensive CV;
Interested applicants should submit their applications preferably in soft copies and by e-mail to the address: Plan-Cameroon.firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject title: Application for Consultant Health Advisor; Considering the urgent need, applications will be assessed as they come until we get a suitable candidate.Female candidate are particularly encouraged to apply.The candidate finally selected should comply with the Child Protection Policy applied in the Organization.