VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Communication and Media Coordinator (12361)
Plan International Cameroon is a Child Centered Community Development Organization with no religious, political or governmental affiliation working in Cameroon since 1996. Plan International is a children's organization with primary concerns on children's rights, safety and well-being and has in its interest to create safe environments for children with more attention paid to child protection. All employees are therefore expected to comply with our Child Protection Policy. Plan International also promotes equal opportunity employment and pays special consideration to female candidates.
Plan's Internationals' Global Strategic Goal (2011-2015) is to reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalized, with high-quality programmes that deliver long-lasting benefits. Plan aims to achieve this goal by working in partnership with others and through high performing teams whose behaviours reflect the corporate values.
Plan International Cameroon is seeking to recruit interested candidates to fulfill the position of Communication and Media Coordinator that will deliver the tasks outline below; please to note that this is a local contract.
DIMENSION OF THE ROLE:
- Develop communication and PR strategies and annual plans, to improve communication both internally and to promote Plan to key country audiences.
- Support the implementation of internal communication initiatives as well as external
- Support program and advocacy initiatives of plan with technical coordination and advice to their communication plans
- Develop media and marketing strategies to improve plan's image and to promote Plan to key country audiences through the media, social media and website.
- Facilitate the creation of a strong professional image of Plan amongst external media
- Organize the roll-out of corporate and region-wide external communication initiatives at country level.
- Contribute to sharing and learning about Plan's country program work through efficient use of external communication channels and systems.
- Manage Plan's website to reflect Plan Cameroon's Country program activities
- Conduct regular surveys to measure external public's knowledge on Plan
- Support in the production of communication materials for use on Plan international Cameroon's website (at least one communication item every two weeks); these include producing stories, case studies, photos, documentaries, etc.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Country Director, supervisor or delegate
The full job description can be found at
- University Degree in Journalism, Communication or equivalent experience
- At least one (01) year of experience working in journalism, communications, media, or Public Relations
- Strong understanding of print, radio, television and online media
- Experience as a spokesperson
- Intermediate photography and/or filming skills
- Additional technical skills are desirable, including proficiency in Adobe Photoshop or photo-editing software and movie-editing software such as Adobe Premier
- Fluent written and spoken English and French. Preference will be given to candidates who speak more than one working language.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working with or in collaboration with an NGO or UN agency, or equivalent, is preferred.
- Prior experience travelling to, or working in an emergency environment will be an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to PLAN's values and principles.
- Ability to operate effectively in stressful situations, including working overtime.
- Gender awareness and cultural sensitivity.
- Good time management and problem solving skills
To apply for this job, kindly click on "Apply". Your application should include:
- A cover letter
- A comprehensive CV including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current of most recent supervisor
Location: YAOUNDE - CAMEROON
Closing date: April 18th, 2016
Plan international operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourage diversity. Only applications received in French or English will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan International has a Child Protection and a gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.