Rejoignez gratuitement CampusJeunes Channel sur Telegram via le lien : https://t.me/campusjeunes
Reports to: Integrated Service Delivery Improvement Team Leader
Location: Bertoua, Eastern Cameroon
The Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) serves countries to improve their population health and wellbeing and to safeguard against health related threats by advancing the use of evidence and human-centered enterprise architecture on the path towards achieving equity and social justice. To achieve this mission, we catalyze the uptake, spread, and implementation of innovations; triangulate data from different sources, and tailor visualization of the information for each audience; design and implement integrated service delivery models; support communities of practice to inform policy and practice through efficient data use and horizontal and vertical collaboration; disseminate best practices and evidence globally through open source learning networks; build global, collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and interprofessional networks; undertake research that is informed by local needs; and invest in local leadership to own, provide oversight, and sustain implemented interventions. Georgetown University, through CGHPI, has recently received an award from U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S. CDC) through funding from the U.S President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) to support HIV response efforts in Cameroon for achievement of HIV epidemic control to implement a program titled Translating Data and Evidence into Impact (TIDE).
The position holder will ensure that all facilities have adequate commodities to meet the needs for patient care. In addition, the position holder will enhance the capacity of supply chain and pharmaceutical staff at the site level to effe1tively manage the commodity supply chain, adequately forecast for commodity needs, manage inventory efficiently, monitor and report utilization of all HIV and related commodities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Augment competences of pharmacy staff for effective management of HIV/AIDS ARVs and related commodities
- Augment competences of laboratory staff for effective management of HIV/AIDS test kits related reagents working collaboratively with program laboratory management specialist
- Support sites to collect, analyze and report information related to drugs dispensed and other health care commodities at the facility level
- Support set up and institutionalization of functional Drug Therapeutic Committees within facilities
- Participate in training pharmaceutical and other health professionals in rational drug prescription, dispensing and use.
- Support sites to develop and implement targeted improvement plans as part of remediation action
- Support sites to institutionalize Good Pharmacy Procedures
- Support sites to improve forecasting for HIV/AIDS ARVs and related commodities needs
- Support site pharmacy staff to develop and implement appropriate strategies to create a dependable health supply chain system for ARVs and related commodities to meet established demand
- Liaise with CENAME, regional CAPRs and other supply mechanisms to ensure facilities within the assigned region continuously receive HIV related commodities with no stock outs and ensure commodity utilization information from health facilities is submitted to regional and central level as per reporting requirements.
- Working with data teams ensure concordance of patient information at the pharmacy with clinical information for all clients receiving anti-retroviral treatment at each facility.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree in Pharmacy/Pharmacy Technician, with specialty training in health supply chain management.
- At least 5 years' experience in provision of pharmaceutical services for HIV services
- Competence in pharmaceutical care and clinical pharmacy
- Competence in supply chain management
- Ability to train and function as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Registration with the relevant health professional regulatory authority.
- Must be fluent in French and working knowledge of English
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
- All applications should be submitted electronically to TIDECameroon@georgetown.edu Please mention in the subject line of the email the position for which you are applying.
- Applications should include 3 references that are familiar with applicant's work experience preferably in the last 2-5 years. References should include contact information including daytime phone and e-mail address.
- All applications should include a cover letter that details one's suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications and experiences.
- Candidates should attach a 3-page CV/Resume that highlights one's key achievements in areas relevant to the job
- Job related stated qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
- All applicants should include daytime phone contact information.
- Deadline for application is Friday, 28 August 2020, 5 PM Cameroon Time. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact through its local entity Georgetown Global Health Cameroon is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity, or any other status variable.