PRINTING PRESS OPERATOR NEEDED
The Press Operator is responsible for Safety, Quality, housekeeping, 5S, equipment performance, training of assistants, and training of other operators. Follows the schedule, plans and assigns work to assistants, follows and enforces policy and procedures, drives root cause analysis activities, recommends improvements in production methods, and participates in continuous improvement team activities.
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude that reflects the company's commitment to safety, quality, and continuous improvement.
- Operates machine to Quality standards, production targets and waste target.
- Assists maintenance with machine repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Continuously improve the process as an individual and as a team member.
- Ensures all environmental standards and requirements are met.
- Provides feedback to the shift lead and supervisor on equipment or production issues.
- Provides support to Quality and Maintenance to increase machine uptime, productivity, and ensure the maintenance and upkeep of the work center.
- Takes all necessary actions to manage production costs and improve profitability.
- Enforces all plant and department safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Conduct monthly safety requirements BOP's.
- Conduct required quality checks – First articles and hourly checks.
- Participate and drive on continuous improvement activities.
- Sets-up machine to specifications outlined on the work order (Print Units, plates, inks, Bag Machine etc.).
- Sets-up machine to standard set-up time & procedure.
- Operates machine to standard production target and waste target.
- Trouble shoots machine when it is down or not performing to standard.
- Ensures work area is kept clean according to facility/corporate standards.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Makes decisions on product quality issues, working with Leads, Supervisors, and Quality (i.e., product ship, waste, hold, etc.)
Qualifications / Knowledge
- 2+ years, preferred of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment with printing experience
- Ability to read and understand production orders and quality specifications
- Ability to read and understand measurements (ruler)
- Basic understanding on PC (generate labels, report production)
SEND CV TO: firstname.lastname@example.org