Plan Cameroon is an international Child Centered Community Development Organization with no religious, political or governmental affiliation working in Cameroon since 1996. We promote equal opportunity employment and pay special consideration to female candidates.Plan is a children's organization with primary concerns on children rights, safety and well being and has in its interest to create safe environments for children with more attention paid to child protection. All employees are therefore expected to comply with our Child protection policy.Plan Cameroon is in the process of acquiring a grant from the World Food Program(WFP) for Phase II of the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities relating to the management of Moderate Acute Malnutrition(MAM) in the East, North and Far-North regions. Within this framework we are looking for potential Cameroonian candidates for Six(6) months duration renewable contract to fulfill the positions below:
Title: (02)Program Unit Project Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant Supplementary Feeding Program(SFP)
Duty Station: Bertoua and Maroua with a possibility to be transferred anywhere in Cameroon.
Main responsabilities and Responsibilities
Under the authority of the National Monitoring & Evaluation, the Program Unit Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant will among other tasks perform the following:
- Ensure and effective implementation of the project according to the M&E framework of the Supplementary Feeding Program(SFP) in the Program Unit(PU)
- Assist in the development of the project Monitoring and Evaluation plan and its effective and efficient implementation;
- Ensure the implementing partners at local level(Health Areas) understand and implement the newly updated National protocol for the management of acute malnutrition;
- Identify data sources for capturing project performance and impact indicators, in conjunction with the project team;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of database for SFP;
- Ensure proper monitoring and reporting focusing on the achievement of the expected results;
- provide support in maintaining/developing the partnership with donors
- Contribute to Nutrition assessment operations in implementing zones
- Participate to the regional cluster meetings
Qualification and Experience
- University degree in Social Science, Statistics or related courses
- At least two(02) years of experience in working for a reputable international humanitarian and development organization.
- Minimum of one(1) year work experience in research and evaluation, planning, participatory monitoring and evaluation, and developing community development projects
- Experience working with institutional donors/fundraisers
- Experience working in zones where security issues is a concern
- Experience in the management of a nutrition project
All applications should include:
- Cover letter;
- Comprehensive CV;
Interested applicants should submit their applications no later than 11th September, 2014 at 17 o'clock preferably in soft copies and by e-mail to the address:
Plan-Cameroon.email@example.com with a subject title:"Application for District Supervisors for the Supplementary Feeding Program(SFP)".
Interested candidates can either collect the job descriptions at Plan Cameroon Country Office, situated at Nouvelle Route Bastos opposite German Embassy or request for it via mail:
Only shortlisted candidatures shall be contacted. The candidate finally selected should comply with the United Nations Convention on Child Rights applied in the Organization.
NB: No application shall be admitted after the closing hour mentioned below.