Plan Cameroon is an international Child Centered Community Development Organization with no religious, political or governmental affiliation working in Cameroon since 1996. We promote equal opportunity employment and pay special consideration to female candidates.Plan is a children's organization with primary concerns on children rights, safety and well being and has in its interest to create safe environments for children with more attention paid to child protection. All employees are therefore expected to comply with our Child protection policy.Plan Cameroon is in the process of acquiring a grant from the World Food Program(WFP) for Phase II of the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities relating to the management of Moderate Acute Malnutrition(MAM) in the East, North and Far-North regions. Within this framework we are looking for potential Cameroonian candidates for Six(6) months duration renewable contract to fulfill the positions below:
Title: (02)Program Unit Project Coordinator, Supplementary Feeding Program(SFP)
Duty Station: Bertoua and Maroua with a possibility to be transferred anywhere in Cameroon.
Main responsabilities and Responsibilities
Under the authority of the National Project Coordinator, theProgram Unit Project Coordinator will among other tasks perform the following:
- Ensure quality implementation of the Supplementary Feeding Program(SFP) in the assigned region
- Liaise with the WFP Regional delegate of Health and federated nutrition intervention in the project's target zone;
- Ensure that the team(M&E assistant, accountant, supervisors, community animators and the health staff) involved in the project understand the newly updated National protocol for the management of acute malnutrition and what is expected in this project
- Represent Plan in meetings, donor visits, etc.
- Contribute to nutritional assessment planning, implementation, interpretation & reporting
- Any other duties assigned by the PUM and the National Project Coordinator
Qualification and Experience
- Post Graduate qualification in a relevant discipline(Nutrition, Public Health, Humanitarian response) and/or proven experience in implementing a Nutrition project.
- Extensive knowledge of the new National Protocol of the Management of Acute Malnutrition
- At least 1 year experience working for a reputable international humanitarian and development organization.
- Experience in the management of a nutrition project.
- Knowledge on the food assistance and nutrition
- Extensive knowledge of emergency nutrition work
- Ability to speak, read and write French fluently and proven ability and wilingness to learn other languages
- Excellent computer skills(Microsoft office including words, excel, internet, etc).
All applications should include:
- Cover letter;
- Comprehensive CV;
Interested applicants should submit their applications no later than 11th September, 2014 at 17 o'clock preferably in soft copies and by e-mail to the address:
Plan-Cameroon.email@example.com with a subject title:"Application for District Supervisors for the Supplementary Feeding Program(SFP)".
Interested candidates can either collect the job descriptions at Plan Cameroon Country Office, situated at Nouvelle Route Bastos opposite German Embassy or request for it via mail:
Only shortlisted candidatures shall be contacted. The candidate finally selected should comply with the United Nations Convention on Child Rights applied in the Organization.
NB: No application shall be admitted after the closing hour mentioned below.