A Development Organization is seeking the services of a qualified, experienced and highly motivated project Director for Lake Chad Sub-Regional Resilience project to provide overall direction and leadership to an upcoming AFD-funded, multi-year resilience and food security/agricultural development project in Lake Chad region, covering Nigeria, Niger, Cameroon and Chad.
The Location will be determined (in Chad, Nigeria, Niger, or Cameroon) with frequent regional travel. The duration of the of the project is one year. The position is contingent on the awarding of funding by the donor.
- Achievement of strategic objectives, intermediate results, and performance expectations through adherence to high standards of programmatic and management quality
- Technical leadership, quality assurance, supervision, mentoring, administration, finance, monitoring and evaluation, report writing.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum MS with a focus on Agriculture, Agro enterprise. Food Security, Business Administration or other related field required.
- Minimum 8 years of progressively increasing management responsibility in developing countries, including experience in Agriculture or similar programming
- Prior management of significant donor funding required, ideally in director-level or chief of party positions.
- Familiarity with and commitment to addressing gender equality in agricultural programming.
- Experience working in Africa required. Experience working in Lake Chad basin region or regions with similar context preferred.
- Proven leadership and inter-personal skills and ability to build and motivate diverse and talented teams.
- Proven experience in managing complex consortium or partnership relationships in a participatory way required.
- Proven track record in building relating relationships with governmental organizations and community organizations required.
- Strategic vision and capacity to oversee a complex program required.
- Public relations skills required.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility.
- Demonstrated personal accountability and drive to serve other.
- Understanding of and experience with faith-based organizations, local church structures and accompaniment and capacity to travel regionally as required. Travel approximately 35%.
- Excellent English and French oral and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Power point, and Outlook required.
Applications should include a cover letter, a CV and three references (with name, address, and email and phone numbers).
Applications can be submitted electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org specifying “Project Director for Lake Chad Sud-Regional Resilience Project” in the email subject line;
Deadline for submission: June 27, 2016
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.