Rejoignez gratuitement CampusJeunes Channel sur Telegram via le lien : https://t.me/campusjeunes
Job offer: 01 COVID-19-BMD Project Manager - Cameroon - M / F
Date of publication: 02 / 09 / 2020
Category: Full time
Type of contract: CDD
Duration: 06 months (renewable)
Location: Bamenda (North-West region), Cameroon
Functional Area: Coordination of COVID-19 BMD health response
Company: Doctors of the World Switzerland (Medecins du Monde Suisse)
Travel Required: supervision of activities and support to teams in 02 project sites.
The COVID 19 pandemic in Africa threatens particularly the populations, especially the most vulnerable, given the weakness of health systems and the difficulties in implementing confinement strategies. As a humanitarian medical organization, MDM-CH - MEDECINS DU MONDE SUISSE with the support of Swiss cooperation, will be implementing a project to support health services to execute the response plan against COVID-19 pandemic within the health sector in the Northwest region of Cameroon. Given the immense and unprecedented needs, MDM-CH has a significant need for human resource, with experience in working in an emergency context and in epidemic management. This medical and paramedical staff must be a dynamic, committed and flexible person with a great capacity for adaptation and resistance to stress with regards to deployment in several intervention areas for the following position:
Project manager (01)
The position of project manager of COVID-19 BMD is full-time, paid, fixed-term employment contract under Cameroon law for a period of 6 months. In order to meet operational needs, the current recruitment process is for immediate deployment.
TYPE OF POSITION
Provides technical support to project teams in order to ensure the quality of MdM-CH programs and medical and psychological health activities in their development and implementation. Also ensures the follow-up of the implementation of coordination with the stakeholders of the project.
- Reports to the Programs Coordinator of the Cameroon mission of MdM-CH.
- Collaborates with the Program support staff (logistics and finance / Human Resources)
- Head of Heath District Supervision Officers
- In close collaboration with referents at the headquarters, she/he also provides support for missions requiring ad hoc human resources reinforcement,
- MINSANTE and the regional delegation of the North West
- Partners MINAS, MINPROFF
- Members of the COVID-19 cluster group
MAIN MISSION AND ACTIVITIES:
- Coordinate and supervise the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project in collaboration with various stakeholders;
- Represent MdM-CH with the authorities, partners and in the COVID-19 coordination committees in the project intervention area;
- Supervise MdM-CH teams mobilized within the framework of the COVID - 19 project in the Bamenda health district;
- Ensure the application and implementation of safety, security and health protocols to ensure safe working conditions throughout the project.
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of exploratory missions: development of terms of reference, planning, implementation, monitoring, report and recommendations
- Contribute to the definition of projects and the writing of project proposals
- Participate, with her/his superior, in the definition of indicators, monitoring and evaluation as well as in the analysis of medical data.
- Participate in the definition of medical needs, analysis of socio-cultural determinants, national medical policies ...
- Participate in the North-West and West regional strategy in connection with the regional authorities coordinating the COVID-19 response.
- Ensure compliance with cross-cutting themes of Protection, GBV, WASH, Mental Health project, etc.
- Monitor the quality of the project and provide technical support to the teams through the implementation of quality standards, compliance and implementation of protocols and procedures, monitoring of the circuit and orders of drugs, health monitoring ......
- Contribute to the capitalization of experiences.
- Update the reference framework considering field practices and international recommendations.
- Occasionally participate in working groups on transversal subjects.
- Identify training needs of teams and workshops for exchanging practices between projects
- Examine work, expenditure and procurement plans in accordance with MdM-CH's financial pipelines
- Ensure compliance with donor financial regulations
- Ensure compliance with security protocols and policies
- Consider the safety implications of all program activities, reviewing all new initiatives with national and field staff, community leaders, contract workers or volunteers.
- Provide or contribute to the development and animation of internal or external trainings
- Support Health Unit coordinators on coordination and representation at the national level
- Contribute to the development of medical staff job descriptions and participate in the HR recruitment process.
- Provide briefing and debriefing to health district supervisors
- Send monthly and quarterly report to the hierarchy
- Ensure the compilation and transmission of information relay
- Represent Médecins du Monde at conferences, technical meetings, symposiums etc.
- Medical doctor or other medical training with 3 years of clinical experience
- Knowledge of Public Health / Epidemiology is an asset
- Field experience in medical coordination positions (2 years)
- Experience in managing large volume of important activities and teams;
- Good knowledge in the fight against violence and specifically GBV is an asset;
- Good knowledge of Cameroon's health system and current humanitarian issues;
- Managerial skills; sense of organization and negotiation; communication and interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to work under pressure
- Proficiency in Office tools Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet
- Strong ability to work in a team
- Adaptability, Rigorous
- Respect of deadlines
- Good writing skills
- Committed, adhere to MdM's values ââand are motivated by its associative model
- Good mastery of written and oral English essential
- Intermediate level in both written and spoken French
- Work under pressure to deliver results
- Respect strict deadlines
LEVEL OF CONTACT WITH CHILDREN
- Medium contact: Low interaction with children and youth
To apply for this position. Your request should include:
- A cover letter
- A complete CV including details of two references
- Add address to which the application documents should be sent, with the following mandatory subject line “COVID-19 PROJECT MANAGER-BDA”
The MdM-CH recruitment procedure includes 3 key steps:
MdM-CH recruitment procedure includes 3 key steps:
- A pre-selection based on the file submitted (only candidates whose skills and experiences correspond to the profile described in the offer will be selected for the written test)
- A written technical test
- An oral interview
Closing date: September 08, 2020 at 1 p.m.
MdM-CH Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in French or English, will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MdM-CH has a child protection and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged.