Position: Project Manager
Location: Bertoua Cameroon
Reporting: Country Director
Nascent Solutions, Inc. (Nascent) is an international humanitarian and development non-profit organization founded in 2004. The mission of the organization is to build capacity for vulnerable people, especially women and youth in rural Africa for self-sufficiency.
Nascent Solutions is currently seeking a suitably qualified Project Manager to support the implementation of a UNHCR funded program designed to build the capacity of refugee and host communities to prevent gender based violence among CAR refugee settlements in the Adamaoua and East Regions of Cameroon. The Field coordinator will serve as the local link between the project team and the community, and oversee the day to day implementation of all project activities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as point of contact between the project team, local stakeholders and the target communities and beneficiaries
- Oversee effective management of project resources for all field offices
- Provide input on the development of detailed work plans and budgets that conform with project design and agreements, and work with teams to update these plans on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Ensure the timely preparation and submission of reports, including work and implementation plans; internal data collection and other evaluations activities
- Ensure effective management of project logistics, including the safety and security of project equipment and materials.
- Ensure that activities are conducted according to work plans, ensuring integrity and timeliness of activities in meeting program objectives, compliance with Nascent and Donor regulations and policies and making recommendations for timely trouble shooting and remediation
- Identify opportunities for new program development and assist in proposal development.
- Facilitate coordination among projects to ensure synergy and leverage resources.
- Manage, coordinate and direct communication and publicity for the country portfolio, and initiate regular communication with donors and stakeholders as requested by the Country Representative, including gathering information and writing success stories.
- Complete other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS and Experience:
- Advanced degree in management, policy, international development studies or related field of study
- At least 3years of professional experience in international development domain in Africa, preferable in emergency environments
- Proven capability in technical, personnel, finance and program management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Fluency in French and English
- Ability to travel to the field frequently; work in a team and under pressure in a complex environment
- Computer skills, including extensive experience using Microsoft Word and Excel
Interested candidates are advised to submit a résumé and a cover letter as MS Word attachments email@example.com by COB November 30, 2013.
Nascent is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally-protected characteristic.