Petites annonces / classified ads
Rejoignez gratuitement CampusJeunes Channel sur Telegram via le lien : https://t.me/campusjeunes
The regional delegation of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) for Central Africa of Yaoundé is seeking for its needs a candidate for the post below:
Protection Data Manager (Man / Woman)
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proceeds and supervises the updating of data in the Detention, Restoration of Family Links and Protection of the Civilian Population activities database of the regional delegation;
- Ensures that the data management in the regional delegation of Yaoundé is done in accordance with institutional rules;
- Drafts the data entry procedures and ensures that the document is regularly updated. The data entry procedures must be aligned with the protection activities of the delegation and adapted to the work procedures in Detention, Restoration of Family links, etc.;
- Performs regular data quality checks. Data quality control is done on a regular basis, but at least twice a year before mid-term and annual statistics exercises;
- Sends documents on a regular basis to the ICRC Protection unit in Geneva;
- Produces the selections and reports necessary for monitoring protection activities (work lists, etc.);
- Produces Delegation Protection statistics at mid-terms (July) and annually (December) according to the deadlines set by the ICRC headquarters in Geneva;
- Provides ad hoc updates and statistics to delegates on the trends observed in detention / Restoration of Family Links, Protection of the Civilian population;
- Collect and / or consolidate Protection statistics;
- Focal point of the delegation for all technical questions / problems / bugs related to the use of the PROT6 database;
- Forms and provides support to users of the various sites covered by the region;
- On request, performs tasks on the database as required by Protection unit in Geneva;
- Support the Protection Coordination team for updating work procedures;
- Respects and implements established procedures in the processing of individual data;
- Guarantees standard management of individual information and works to preserve the Protection data collected and managed by the ICRC in Cameroon.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University degree in Information Sciences, Social Sciences or a similar field;
- 3 to 4 years of professional experience in the field of computer data management;
- Excellent computer skills, including mastery of the Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Dynamics, MS Query builder and MS report builder);
- Fluent in French and English (spoken and written);
- Skills in adult education would be an asset
- Capacity to handle confidential data and information
- Very good ability to communicate (spoken and written);
- Good data analysis and synthesis;
- Autonomy, sense of responsibility and initiative;
- Ability to define priorities;
- Ability to adapt, to work in a team in a multicultural environment;
- Administrative and organizational skills developed (coordination, transmission of information, etc.);
- Strong interest in new technologies;
- Self-training skills and integration of new tools and methodologies.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Position based in Yaoundé
- Please send your application, with a complete CV and a cover letter by email to: email@example.com
Deadline: March 19, 2020 at 17:00
- NB: The entire recruitment process at the ICRC is free of charge. Only the HR Department, (firstname.lastname@example.org) is empowered to provide information or results on this process.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.